The Student Room Group

The DFID one year graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by jozephus
At the event they held at my uni, they said having a Masters would not be viewed as an advantage. They are looking to give people their 'first step up on the ladder' so are just as interested in finding BAs as they are MAs.

No idea if that's changed, but that's what they said on the day.

ah thank you. so has anyone heard any more? or any idea when the other ACs will be? i wonder if those of us who have not heard are just rejected?
Reply 81
Original post by dingdong
ah thank you. so has anyone heard any more? or any idea when the other ACs will be? i wonder if those of us who have not heard are just rejected?

Be patient woman!
Original post by GdotL
Be patient woman!

This!
Reply 83
Original post by Chapeau Rouge
This!

haha. patience is not my virtue.

also im just worried about clashing dates.
haha. patience is not my virtue.

also im just worried about clashing dates.

There is no point worrying about something that isn't even a problem yet.
Reply 85
Original post by Chapeau Rouge
There is no point worrying about something that isn't even a problem yet.

no but if you anticipate them you can create solutions before its too late!

ah no but in all seriousness i'm just a worrier and nothing will change that. ha.

but i have other interviews so all eggs not in this basket. thank god.
Reply 86
any developments for anyone?

i heard of another AC?
Reply 87
Oh damn, when was the second AC?
Nothing yet, I'm not expecting anything though.
Reply 89
a girl in my uni said her friend had been at one recently. i presumed it was a second but maybe it was the same one if no one else has heard?

surely they'd let us know if we weren't successful?
Reply 90
Another one? Well, I think there go my chances.
a girl in my uni said her friend had been at one recently. i presumed it was a second but maybe it was the same one if no one else has heard?

surely they'd let us know if we weren't successful?

Yeah, on the 20th April!
Reply 92
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh iwish they'd tell us
I'm so glad i found this thread - i've also applied and not heard anything yet.
Reply 94
well we should know by tomorrow. imagine they extended it again....ha.
Reply 95
I honestly think they might :frown: sounds like they've had so many applications
I don' think they'll extend it again. it's just weird that some people seem to have heard ages ago and we haven't heard anything.
Reply 97
Original post by jellybean55
I don' think they'll extend it again. it's just weird that some people seem to have heard ages ago and we haven't heard anything.

I assume they just keep everyone on hold until the last day, a very big reserve list, then send out the rejections.

I thought the website said ACs in April, May and June. So it's surprising to hear that there may have been two in April alone.
Apart from the guy on twitter who had been to an AC, isn't the other one based on hearsay? So we don't even know that is the case.
Reply 99
This is true

Quick Reply

Latest