The Student Room Group

The DFID one year graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Ah ok, yea thats what I got told too, roughly around the 22nd they said. They also mentioned that if we didnt make the competencies we would find out in early June...
Reply 161
Your post about the 22nd had me quite excited. Ach well, another week of refreshing the email it is!
Yea sorry I think it`ll be next week or the first week in July at the latest! Not long now :biggrin:
I was told last week of june/first week of july, so could be waiting a while yet!
I recon they ll maybe start letting people know soon but itll be luck which roles they consider last.... Its a painful wait...
Reply 165
aghhhhhhhh this wait is agony!!
Reply 166
Original post by Maggers580
I recon they ll maybe start letting people know soon but itll be luck which roles they consider last.... Its a painful wait...

What was suggested at my assessment day was that they'd hope to let people know if they'd been successful in general this week or next, but that they wouldn't know for what role or location at that time. So hopefully everyone will get an overall yes or no within a similar time frame. They would then let us know the specific job we were going to be offered at a later date.
aw ok! Just a yes or a no would do me just fine at this stage. Thanks for the info
I cannot handle the suspense... With exam results at least I know I am waiting till 9am on a certain day, but with this you just don't know when they will tell us. My guess is any day now until the end of first week of July. Fingers crossed for being in the top 40! Good luck everyone!
Thank you! Good luck to you too with both exams results and DFID!
Reply 170
Well I just got the dreaded 'you've been unsuccessful' email. Better than 77% at numerical reasoning, 99% at verbal reasoning (:eek:), best at Analysis and Use of Info, worst at communication.

Good luck to everyone, commiserations and congratulations as appropriate!
commiserations but just think how well you did to get this far! At least you can move on now and dont have to wait wait wait. Thanks so much for letting everyone know that you have been contacted (at least we know it has begun!)

Ive still heard nothing.... anyone else heard anything?
Reply 172
Yes thank you for letting us know, and i'm so sorry but well done on what sound like really good scores. i can't imagine i did anywhere near that well! after such a long wait it seems weird to start letting people know just before the end of the day on a Friday!
Reply 173
Oh guys I really hope we find out tomorrow, I am not doing to well with this waiting!!
me tooooo
Reply 175
Have been lurking here for a while and thought I'd post to say I'm also waiting to hear and nothing so far. I was at one of the last assessment centres on the 18th and they said we should definitely hear this week. Good luck everyone!
haha I did exactly the same for a while. Thanks for revealing yourself. How many people do you think are left in?
Reply 177
No idea, have never done an AC before...they might have already told the successful people perhaps?
waiting is horrible. I think they may have told the first lot of unsuccessful people and then they are deciding now? I emailed last week and they said this coming friday at the latest....
Reply 179
hi, i too have been checking every day and thought i would also declare that i am waiting in suspense! . . . good luck to everyone!

Quick Reply