The Student Room Group

I've re-applied for uni, have my neccesary points, but still get an conditional offer

I've re-applied for uni again having already completed my A-levels in 2010 and attained 320 UCAS points. I got my first offer back today which was a conditional, even though I have the necessary points of which to get on to this particular course:

a minimum of 320 UCAS Tariff points from a combination of A

Level(s) and OCR National qualifications

I'm a bit confused as to why I have this offer as I've already got the points that are needed and it doesn't specify on the track comments about obtaining any other points etc.

Would really appreciate some feedback, peace :redface:
Reply 1
Ring the university and ask them.
It may be that they want to see evidence of the qualifications and would like you to scan and send them your certificates.

However the best thing to do is ring and ask them directly.
Reply 3
Probs just a mistake, give the uni a call.

Congrats on your first offer:smile:
Ring and ask. They might just want to see your certificates. Alternatively, did you put the information in wrong so that it suggested you were yet to receive your results? I guess that's unlikely but I suppose it's possible.
Original post by AJP UK
I've re-applied for uni again having already completed my A-levels in 2010 and attained 320 UCAS points. I got my first offer back today which was a conditional, even though I have the necessary points of which to get on to this particular course:

a minimum of 320 UCAS Tariff points from a combination of A

Level(s) and OCR National qualifications

I'm a bit confused as to why I have this offer as I've already got the points that are needed and it doesn't specify on the track comments about obtaining any other points etc.

Would really appreciate some feedback, peace :redface:

This happened to me too when I applied for a course at Nottingham Trent, I already had the points they wanted but they still gave me a conditional offer. Doesn't matter now though, I declined it. I'm not sure why they did that but surely it doesn't matter? I mean you already have the points so you'll get in anyway :smile:
Reply 6
Thanks for the quick replies people, much respect.

I have sent the admissions an e-mail asking what they need. Hopefully it doesn't matter, will keep the thread updated for those who may have similar problems.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending