Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BA Primary Education Didsbury Campus

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    hey people,

ive been offered a place on the course starting in september but im really contemplating taking a different off because the night life and accomodation looks poor in didsbury. Can someone pass some information on about what its actually like or is it worth staying in Cambridge halls or something and gettin a bus everyday?
    Cheers
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting in September too and don't let the night life but you off, it isn't far from Manchester after all!
    I don't know what to do about accommodation because apparently if you live within a 25 mile radius of the campus, you won't be allocated a place in halls. So I'm looking into a flat or house share or perhaps private halls, but the course looks really good there and it's high in the league table for that subject so I'd take the place! Where else do you have offers?
    Hope that helps
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azza3k)
    hey people,

ive been offered a place on the course starting in september but im really contemplating taking a different off because the night life and accomodation looks poor in didsbury. Can someone pass some information on about what its actually like or is it worth staying in Cambridge halls or something and gettin a bus everyday?
    Cheers

Heyy ive firmed primary education at didsbury campus because the course looks really good. The nightlife is good in manchester and i think the accomodation in didsbury is poor too! Ive looked at opal accomodation in manchester, have you looked there?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeTroy)
    I'm starting in September too and don't let the night life but you off, it isn't far from Manchester after all!
    I don't know what to do about accommodation because apparently if you live within a 25 mile radius of the campus, you won't be allocated a place in halls. So I'm looking into a flat or house share or perhaps private halls, but the course looks really good there and it's high in the league table for that subject so I'd take the place! Where else do you have offers?
    Hope that helps
    Heyy
    Ive firmed primary education in didsbury and start in september too. Im also struggling as what to do with accomodation as i live within the 25 mile radius, so ive been looking at opal student flats in manchester meaning ill have to get the bus or drive to didsbury campus which'll be a pain! Where abouts are u from? And what do you think you'll do about accomodation?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd suggest if you want to not be in didsbury then to live in the cheapest halls - Cavendish. While, yes, you share a bathroom and toilet with 5 people, it is definitely worth the £20 a week saving. The people (this year) have been great and it's a very very sociable hall with 16-20 people sharing a kithen. Don't worry - it's only busy the first term then everyone starts cooking when they're hungry - as opposed to cooking because it's dinnertime and it's exciting. It's the closest halls to town AND the bus-stops and shops/pubs/clubs/library.

I'd definitely stay in Cavendish if I was you. It's all open plan to so if you don't like your flatmates you can easily walk into the next flat.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have been told that you can go on a waiting list on the first day of term and that the wait isn't usually long, so going to that. In all honesty, I'd rather wait a week or two and be on the doorstep of campus than travel from Manchester everyday as it can be a long bus ride with all the stops! I'm from near Oldham/Ashton Under Lyne if you know where they are. What about you? x
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Was wondering if anybody could give me some advice for the interview, mines on the 20th June at the didsbury campus and i'm worried about the mini-talk presentation!

Thanks
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Didsbury is very close to central Manchester with a train station nearby as well as several bus routes. Nightlife shouldn't be a problem at all as long as you're willing to get public transport/a taxi.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azza3k)
    hey people,

Cheers
    being in didsbury campus means you'll probably be living somewhere near Fallowfield and the students tend to go out there anyway not in the city centre, its got a revs and a baabaa etc so wouldnt worry about that
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    im starting Primary Education in September at Didsbury campus aswell but I'm not going into halls cause i'm moving into a flat in manchester with my boyfriend, would be good to chat to people here on my course before I go cause i'm going to be a right loner!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayjleigh)
    im starting Primary Education in September at Didsbury campus aswell but I'm not going into halls cause i'm moving into a flat in manchester with my boyfriend, would be good to chat to people here on my course before I go cause i'm going to be a right loner!
    Hey!
    I'm doing BA Primary Education at Didsbury, but I'm living in the Broomhurst Halls!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here living in Broomhurst Halls??

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 16, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.