The Student Room Group

Courtauld Interview

Hi

I have an interview at Courtaulds next week on the 1st of March, has anyone got any suggestions or a clue to what the written assessment will be discussing?

Any help appreciated!
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
heyy, congrats i have an interview at the courtauld as well on the 7th march!

obviously i'm not 100% sure what it's going to be, but i've read on last year's history of art thread that the writing exercise consists of analysing 2 separate pieces of art work, i think last year it was some sex pistols logo by vivienne westwood and an older piece of art so i'm guessing if they do the same thing this year they will be very different pieces! as i said this is only what i've heard from previous years so i dont know if they will do the same thing but that's what i'm expecting!

good luck! what date is your interview?
Reply 2
I'm so glad someone replied! There doesn't seem to be many HoA applicants on here!

My interview is on thursday on the 1st of March, i'm not too worried on the actual interview just the written assessment due to my obsession with my thesaurus i don't know how i'm going to cope without it!
Thank you for the insight at least its a push in the right direction, i wasn't too sure whether they would ask something completely away from the art world so that they could test our diction etc.
I just hope if it is two pieces they aren't ones i have no idea on!
Thank you again and i'll repost after the interview!
Good luck to you too!
Reply 3
no problem! as i said before this is only what i've heard from previous years but i'm hoping it'll be something similar as comparisons would probably be quite easy to make! i know what you mean about it would be nice if they were pieces you knew, but i guess if you'd never seen them before you'd have a fresh perspective on what you were writing about instead of desperately trying to remember things to put! and i'm exactly the same with the thesaurus lmao, can't cope without it!!

good luck to you as well, and us art history applicants do seem to be somewhat of a rare breed - hopefully this will be to our advantage!
let me know how it goes :smile: x
Reply 4
hey, how did your interview go yesterday?
Reply 5
First time i've had chance to get on, I think it went really feel but who knows lol
I really enjoyed the written assessment it was a comparison between two pieces and the professors that interviewed me said they really liked my response so i have everything crossed!!
In the interview they didn't ask me any of the typical questions i had prepared for however which was annoying as i'd written/prepared so much! They kept grilling me on one specific point of my questionnaire and then with every question they asked they brought back to the comparison i did earlier and asked me to build upon it.
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest