Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Laura Blomeley (1983-2006)

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Just a quick post to express my shock and sadness at the death of Laura Blomeley, former QMSU president. She was a warm, pleasant and kind person who had so much going for her. I know she will be missed by many.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You cannot be serious. I never knew Laura Blomeley personally, but I did see her around at campus and I must say she was the most warmest and freindliest person I have ever known. She used to always smile at me when we bumped into each other and I do recall exchanging a few words. She was a great SU President during my time at QMUL and I am deeply saddened of the recent news.

May I send my greatest condolences to her family for which it must be such a difficult time and to everyone who knew her.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    How? What happened?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    any confirmation on this?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can definitely confirm it. Was talking to someone who knew her yesterday. all very rapid, and all very sad
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do we know yet of the circumstances?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not affiliated with the University of London in any way but I would like to offer my condolences regardless. One of my friends, of a similar age, died last year, also in tragic circumstances, and I know to some extent what people are going through here. My deepest sympathies.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Angelil. It was nice of you to leave your comments.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it appropriate to cite the cause of her death? All other 'releases' have been careful not to state that, and we've all kept schtum on here in case it was at the request of her family.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I did not mean to appear disrespectful of Laura, sorry if I offended anyone.
    I just think that there you can talk about illness in a respectful manner and that there is nothing to be embarrassed about. Death is unfortunately a natural part of life.
    But I understand ur point and am very sorry, so I have now deleted this message to respect her parents' wish
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    No - I agree with you (from a future palliative care doctor - hopefully).

'Coola' if her parents are ready to talk etc. Up until a few days ago, nothing mentioned her cause of death, and we thought it better safe than upsetting someone without meaning to.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 8, 2006
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.