Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i hate my mum

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    maybe you annoy her too..?
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate my mum so much. you don't really mean that. If you did, you wouldn't care so much about the fact that she supposedly doesn't tell you she loves you
    She lies about the fact she doesn't smoke when goes out every two hours to the garden and she comes back smelling like it! I'm 17 - why lie? because she's ashamed of what she's doing, and doesn't want to admit to you that she smokes in case you follow in her footsteps. Just a guess. She's trying to protect you

She beats my 3 year old sister up for slapping or hitting but shes getting that from mum! exaggeration perhaps? If my kids are naughty they get a smack on the bum. Are you sure that's not what she's doing - giving a smack on the butt? That's not the same as beating her up you know

She accuses my father of cheating indirectly, all the time! maybe you're reading too much into what she's saying. Or maybe he actually IS cheating who knows. Either way I don't see what it has to do with you

She is loud, obnoxious, uneducated, paranoid..let those who are without sin cast the first stone

She only talks to me when she wants me to be her slave or when she wants to tell me her problems. Her problems are hideous, a woman told the tiniest fib ever and i said get over it, she went mad! I haven't any idea what fib or woman you are referring to. You aren't expanding on it.

She wants me to go on holiday for two months! July to Sept - i want to be there for results day! Its not even a holiday, a visit to my grandparents which i din't really know in some village and the toilet is hole in the ground. Squatting toilets are very common in many parts of the world. Even in France you can find them in motorway service station restrooms. If you google it, apparently it's the most natural position to eliminate waste. Just because it's not normal to YOU doesn't mean it's not a perfectly valid form of toilet. I admit I dislike them myself but that's personal preference.
    As for her wanting you to visit your grandparents, you should be ashamed of yourself for not wanting to visit them without being prompted. Take it from somebody who no longer has any living grandparents - you should make the most of seeing them whilst you have the chance

She refuses to go shopping with me but she goes shopping everyday! She buys herself tuff but never me. I ask for new shoes, she says i have no money when money isn't a problem, she can afford a holiday in france every two months! You're 17. Get a job.

Today i was teaching her how to thread because she was interestef, in the end she just said, who taught you this, all you care about is how you look, i didnt send you to school for this etc. Urgh thread? Thread what? a needle? Or are you referring to eyebrow threading (which I have no idea about actually, not a clue what it entails, and she's right - eyebrow threading isn't something that you should learn about in school. Not unless you are going to some sort of college to learn how to be a beautician or something. That's not general education that's nonsense

She is just annoying. She NEVER HUGS ME OR KISSES ME. I cant even remember the last time - she doesnt tell me she loves me etc. maybe she doesn't feel that she can get close to you, with the way you are behaving

I am going to uni, probably gonna live out, she thinks i'm gonna lose my virginity if i leave home. Having sex is the last thing on my mind. She wants to control my sex life too! You're her daughter. She worries about you. Be glad somebody cares enough about you to worry about you

She is homophobic, racist, self hating ..you've not cited any examples of her being any of these things

I seriouly despise her. I cant wait to move out. yet you want her to buy you shoes, and complain that she doesn't hug you enough?

Does anyone else hate their mum? no, I love mine

I try everything to make it better but she just ends up making me her slave. Getting the remote that is like 2 feet away for her etc. wow sounds like you have it really bad, being asked to pass somebody the remote

I really hope i can make a good mum. having sex is the last thing on your mind. And I doubt your name is Mary
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaylafrances)
    She beats her sister
    Spoiled :confused:
    i highly doubt she "beats" the three year old sister it is probably OP being melodramatic and bias judging from the rest of the post.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Sid)
    Nope, still not seeing spoiled. If she's being accurate her mother is being unfair towards her and quite unpleasant to live with.
    you think those things justify saying she "hates" her mother?

i find that extremely brattish, selfish and ungrateful behaviour... and hurtful!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    you think those things justify saying she "hates" her mother?

i find that extremely brattish, selfish and ungrateful behaviour... and hurtful!
    To be fair, I imagine a mother not ever telling their kid that they love them or ever showing any signs of affection but only criticism being equally hurtful.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    She refuses to go shopping with me but she goes shopping everyday! She buys herself tuff but never me. I ask for new shoes, she says i have no money when money isn't a problem, she can afford a holiday in france every two months! You're 17. Get a job.
    Not quite that easy. I disagree with about another third of your post, too.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 344302)
    I hate my mum so much.
    She lies about the fact she doesn't smoke when goes out every two hours to the garden and she comes back smelling like it! I'm 17 - why lie?

She beats my 3 year old sister up for slapping or hitting but shes getting that from mum!

She accuses my father of cheating indirectly, all the time!

She is loud, obnoxious, uneducated, paranoid..

She only talks to me when she wants me to be her slave or when she wants to tell me her problems. Her problems are hideous, a woman told the tiniest fib ever and i said get over it, she went mad!

She wants me to go on holiday for two months! July to Sept - i want to be there for results day! Its not even a holiday, a visit to my grandparents which i din't really know in some village and the toilet is hole in the ground.

She refuses to go shopping with me but she goes shopping everyday! She buys herself tuff but never me. I ask for new shoes, she says i have no money when money isn't a problem, she can afford a holiday in france every two months!

Today i was teaching her how to thread because she was interestef, in the end she just said, who taught you this, all you care about is how you look, i didnt send you to school for this etc. Urgh

She is just annoying. She NEVER HUGS ME OR KISSES ME. I cant even remember the last time - she doesnt tell me she loves me etc.

I am going to uni, probably gonna live out, she thinks i'm gonna lose my virginity if i leave home. Having sex is the last thing on my mind. She wants to control my sex life too!

She is homophobic, racist, self hating ..

I seriouly despise her. I cant wait to move out. Does anyone else hate their mum? I try everything to make it better but she just ends up making me her slave. Getting the remote that is like 2 feet away for her etc.

I really hope i can make a good mum.
    Shut the F* up and start loving your mother!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)

She only talks to me when she wants me to be her slave or when she wants to tell me her problems. Her problems are hideous, a woman told the tiniest fib ever and i said get over it, she went mad!

She wants me to go on holiday for two months! July to Sept - i want to be there for results day! Its not even a holiday, a visit to my grandparents which i din't really know in some village and the toilet is hole in the ground.

She refuses to go shopping with me but she goes shopping everyday! She buys herself tuff but never me. I ask for new shoes, she says i have no money when money isn't a problem, she can afford a holiday in france every two months!

Today i was teaching her how to thread because she was interestef, in the end she just said, who taught you this, all you care about is how you look, i didnt send you to school for this etc. Urgh

There are some examples for you
    I don't see how most, if any, of those things make her look like a spoiled brat, it just shows a mother who doesn't express her affection for her daughter as openly as her daughter likes.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)

She beats my 3 year old sister up for slapping or hitting but shes getting that from mum! exaggeration perhaps? If my kids are naughty they get a smack on the bum. Are you sure that's not what she's doing - giving a smack on the butt? That's not the same as beating her up you know
    I personally disagree. Obviously it's not the same as outright abuse, but the OP makes a perfectly valid point in the context they're talking about: spanking / smacking / hitting a child in any way, and then telling them that they're wrong for hitting others (or worse still, hitting them as a punishment for hitting others :rolleyes: ) is hypocritical, unfair and basically stupid. Sorry. It just really bothers me when parents try to justify hitting their children as "just a smack" or my personal pet peeve: "just a swat". A swat?? If some bloke came on saying "oh yeah my wife was behaving in a way I didn't like, so I gave her a swat" everyone would be up in arms - but a parent whacking someone ten times smaller than them? That's just good old fashioned parenting. Meh.

OP: don't listen to these idiots. Your mother is just a person like any other, and you're perfectly justified in thinking she behaves like a dick. You absolutely do not have to give her any respect that you don't get back in return, and you certainly don't have to like her. However, I do agree with some of the others, that it doesn't really sound like you truly hate her... because you care too much for that to be true. If you truly did hate her, you would be content to just wait it out until you leave home, and then never give her or what she thinks of you / your life a second thought. Since you do seem to care, it might be worth - maturely - sitting down and talking about how you feel. Be careful, though, because there's always the chance that you'll get an immature, defensive response... as age does not guarantee maturity.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 344302)
    I hate my mum so much.
    She lies about the fact she doesn't smoke when goes out every two hours to the garden and she comes back smelling like it! I'm 17 - why lie?

She beats my 3 year old sister up for slapping or hitting but shes getting that from mum!

She accuses my father of cheating indirectly, all the time!

She is just annoying. She NEVER HUGS ME OR KISSES ME. I cant even remember the last time - she doesnt tell me she loves me etc.

I am going to uni, probably gonna live out, she thinks i'm gonna lose my virginity if i leave home. Having sex is the last thing on my mind. She wants to control my sex life too!

She is homophobic, racist, self hating ..

I seriouly despise her. I cant wait to move out. Does anyone else hate their mum? I try everything to make it better but she just ends up making me her slave. Getting the remote that is like 2 feet away for her etc.

I really hope i can make a good mum.
    She evidently has issues of her own and I find that if she is worried about you getting up to mischief, it's probably a reflection of her own shortcomings when she was younger. I know she sounds like a right old cow, but the way I would approach this is rather than thinking about all the things she has done wrong, try to figure out and possibly understand why she's acting the way she is and see what you can do to fix it.

She's going out every 2 hours smoking fags, and she lying to you. This means that she is in denial about her actions. She's not giving you much affection or asking after you, and is deeply concentrated on herself, which means she has some issues that have not come out in the wash. She thinks you Dad is cheating on her. Sorry to have to say this, but she'll either be right and have reason to suspect so or if it's completely unfounded will be a deep sign of anxiousness. I know, it's a lot for you to take on, but I think you need to completely level with her, and get her to trust you enough to tell her what is going on, why she feels the way she does and does the things she does.

It's very easy to wash your hands off of this, but you have to remember that although you might be leaving home soon, your little sister will be growing up in that environment, so I'd say do the things you can do at least for sister, if not for your mother and if you think there's not a lot you can do you need to confide in someone (your dad maybe), who can intervene and make things a little better at home. My only warning is, try not to get upset or angry in discussion with your mum, cos it only makes things more awkward and can lead to you guys saying things you will regret.

I hope you sort things out. ;-)
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhumbauze)
    I personally disagree. Obviously it's not the same as outright abuse, but the OP makes a perfectly valid point in the context they're talking about: spanking / smacking / hitting a child in any way, and then telling them that they're wrong for hitting others (or worse still, hitting them as a punishment for hitting others :rolleyes: ) is hypocritical, unfair and basically stupid. Sorry. It just really bothers me when parents try to justify hitting their children as "just a smack" or my personal pet peeve: "just a swat". A swat?? If some bloke came on saying "oh yeah my wife was behaving in a way I didn't like, so I gave her a swat" everyone would be up in arms - but a parent whacking someone ten times smaller than them? That's just good old fashioned parenting. Meh.
    I love this argument, because it also basically excludes any kind of healthy discipline whatsoever. The naughty step? YOU WOULDN'T DO THAT TO YOUR WIFE! Not letting them go out with their friend after they shouted? YOU WOULDN'T DO THAT TO YOUR WIFE!

Just a tip, but you can't reason with children like you can an adult. If you think otherwise, your memory is unfortunately hazy.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    just be lucky you even have a mum you unappreciative brat.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphire33)
    just be lucky you even have a mum you unappreciative brat.
    Don't be a moron, please. You can have an abusive parent and it hardly makes you "lucky" - In many cases having no parent is better than the one some children are stuck with.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Sid)
    Not quite that easy. I disagree with about another third of your post, too.
    I expected you to, given your input earlier in this thread.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackal The)
    Don't be a moron, please. You can have an abusive parent and it hardly makes you "lucky" - In many cases having no parent is better than the one some children are stuck with.
    The OP's mother hardly sounds abusive. Talk about a gross exaggeration.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Uneducated =/= a bad thing. My mother is uneducated (dropped out of school at the age of 12 to help her mum survive and work in a refugee camp) My mother has grown to be smart, loving and very very caring. Incrdible woman... yet she is "uneducated"

So do not use that term that way, just makes you sound arrogant.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    I love this argument, because it also basically excludes any kind of healthy discipline whatsoever. The naughty step? YOU WOULDN'T DO THAT TO YOUR WIFE! Not letting them go out with their friend after they shouted? YOU WOULDN'T DO THAT TO YOUR WIFE!

Just a tip, but you can't reason with children like you can an adult. If you think otherwise, your memory is unfortunately hazy.
    The Naughty Step is a pointless shaming technique that reinforces nothing but mindless submission so, err, no, I don't agree with that either.

A tip? From, err, who exactly are you? Do you have children? Because I do. I also have a psychology degree with a heavy focus on Child Psychology, and run a parenting forum full of people who don't parent like chavs (i.e. no "swatting" / smacking / naughty steps / shaming) with very successful results... meaning that they have children who don't need this sort of punitive discipline to not act out or "misbehave", because their parents didn't mess them up by using these stupid parenting "techniques" on them in the first place.

My daughter is 2. She can quite easily be calmed and reasoned with respectfully. As can the children (of various ages) of every like-minded parent that I associate with. So, trust me, it is entirely possible to reason with a child in the same way that you can reason with an adult. By understanding, and respecting them as people... not treating them like pets that need training or possessions that you need to take ownership of.

I'd also suggest to every judgemental **** in this thread who thinks the OP is out of line, that no one is in a better position to judge someone as a parent than their own children. You might also want to consider that no one elses' opinion even matters. That's something well worth noting before you have children of your own.

I am completely dumbfounded that anyone here thinks they're better equipped to say what sort of parent the OP's mother is, than the OP themself. Sheer ignorance. A parent does not need to be "abusive" to be arrogant, neglectful, selfish or disrespectful... and the fact that it's "not quite abuse" sure as hell doesn't make it "perfectly fine", nor the OP "ungrateful".
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    My parents love me. Ever given it any thought that yours love you?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    Uneducated =/= a bad thing. My mother is uneducated (dropped out of school at the age of 12 to help her mum survive and work in a refugee camp) My mother has grown to be smart, loving and very very caring. Incrdible woman... yet she is "uneducated"

So do not use that term that way, just makes you sound arrogant.
    To be honest, I assume by "uneducated" the OP actually means "ignorant", i.e., doesn't understand a lot of things and doesn't bother to try. Pleanty of under-educated people are not at all ignorant, and plenty of educated people are entirely ignorant (randomly click a few threads on your right. These are University level students. You'll see what I mean.) but, in general, less intelligent people (and therefore people who are less likely to have gone far in education) are slightly more ignorant. So that's likely what the OP meant.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    How on earth did you come to that assumption?
    This post made me laugh given the assumptions you made about OP.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 1, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.