Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Attendance of Management department

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi! First I would want to say thank you for spending your time reading and I have a question about attendance for the Management Science and Innovation department (MSIN).

Basically my problem is that my attendance does not meet the 70% requirement by the MSIN department. last term i did an module in MSIN department. Also, I took another module in my home department and it required me to do a project which contributed to 40% of my final mark. Because of that project, I decided to go to the office hour of the lecturer. However, the office hour of the lecturer is between 4:30pm and 5:30pm...which is right in the middle of the MSIN lectures (4-6pm). I almost missed all the lectures after reading week for the MSIN module..

Could anyone tell me MSIN department is strict on the attendance please? Because I saw on the departmental handbook that if i do not achieve enough attendance, I will not be able to attend the exam.
    They also said they would send warnings emails/letters to student who have attendance problem. I have never received such warnings because if i received such a warning, I would go to the lecture immediately instead of going to the office hour (and spending half an hour queuing). Also if they refuse me to attend the exams, when will I receive such notice (provided that the module is a 1st term module)?

Thank you once again

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 25, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.