The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Delta_Aitch
To be honest, why wouldn't he still have a huge fanbase after Rihanna herself keeps defending him via twitter? The way she's handled it all has been pretty disgusting, in my opinion, and it's no wonder that Chris Brown's tween fans are disregarding everything he's done because she has set such a terrible example.

Case in point being the two of them recently collaborating with each other and remixing each other's songs:

The remix of 'Birthday Cake' alone is pretty baffling because how can someone who has been through what she has allow Chris Brown to say "Girl, I wanna **** you right now. It's been a long time, I've been missing your body" :lolwut:

Yeah I agree with this entirely, but this is what so many abused women do, she probably thinks he has changed and it won't happen again.

The worst bit about that song is probably the awfulness of the song itself, but that line comes in at a close second.
Original post by Delta_Aitch
To be honest, why wouldn't he still have a huge fanbase after Rihanna herself keeps defending him via twitter? The way she's handled it all has been pretty disgusting, in my opinion, and it's no wonder that Chris Brown's tween fans are disregarding everything he's done because she has set such a terrible example.

Case in point being the two of them recently collaborating with each other and remixing each other's songs:

The remix of 'Birthday Cake' alone is pretty baffling because how can someone who has been through what she has allow Chris Brown to say "Girl, I wanna **** you right now. It's been a long time, I've been missing your body" :lolwut:

You know they both wanna get it on...t'is been a long time dogg!
I've talked to people about this before apparently "he's still fit and I like his music" :facepalm:

I personally think that not only is his music moronic, but that he's just pure scum. You can't just have a comeback and be dubbed " cheeky" or whatever after doing that to someone- he's certainly not good looking enough for that, if good looking at all.
Personally, if Rihanna, the victim can forgive him then i think we should to.

I do believe in forgiving though so yeah..
Original post by I.Like.Smarties
She didn't deserve it, but tbh there is two sides to EVERY story. Everyone makes mistake, he is trying to change...every step he takes is in the spotlight and therefore judged all the time. He may not have done his prison time as everyone wants, but I think he has suffered, with all the hate he receives, which is still continuing.

And I wouldn't believe everything you read about music artists....

No, no he is not trying to change. And to say this kid has suffered. Christ.

Honestly, it is utterly mind-blowing the stupidity of some people. He's in his early 20s, and acting like a 10 year old. Why any girl wants to date a child is beyond me. It's ****ing sadistic. But I guess those that do are a chlorinated gene pool anyway. Bit of domestic violence would get rid of that.

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46
I agree. I'm a girl and I think he's pathetic. Not that I particularly liked him before, but I don't even listen to his music now. He, along with every other person who has abused their partner, is disgusting.
Because he's still one of the most talented artists in the music industry and no one can take that away from him, as much as you may hate it, I'm not condoning his actions though.

Just like tyson, except tyson was a convicted rapist, everyone loves him now he's been in hangover
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by i.am.lost
Irrespective of his physical attractiveness (which in itself is quite debatable), I don't understand how anyone could forgive him after behaving so reprehensibly. Reading through that police report was really distressing, how could someone do that to another person they allegedly love?

What did he actually do?

And lol @ the girl who said 'but he's hot', catch you cowering in a corner with your hands over your head shaking then sucking your man off after he's beaten you, oh but he's hot though so it's alright. :rolleyes:

Lol @ having no self-respect.
Original post by Wilfred Little
What did he actually do?

And lol @ the girl who said 'but he's hot', catch you cowering in a corner with your hands over your head shaking then sucking your man off after he's beaten you, oh but he's hot though so it's alright. :rolleyes:

Do you honestly think he would hit a girl again after that... come on. He was like 18/19
Reply 50
You're listening to chris brown fm!

hit after hit!
Original post by Glow in the dark
Do you honestly think he would hit a girl again after that... come on. He was like 18/19

Do you not remember a few months ago when he punched and broke the window of his dressing room?? The guy has serious anger issues.
What did he actually do?

Did you somehow glance over the part where he beat the crap out of his girlfriend??

Could say the same for Rihanna. She's heading back to him. Can only assume (hope, pray) that this stuff is a combination of lack of self-respect, and stupidity. Just blows my mind how easily women can overlook this ****. Like their entire interaction with the world is guided by nothing but their vaginas. Pity.

Original post by Glow in the dark

Yes. His entire persona exudes it.
Original post by Forget that
What? How can you base someone's intelligence by the 'genre' of music they listen too? Where is the logic in that?
I listen to every genre of music but my favorites are rap and R&B how does that make make me less intelligent just because i don't bang out One Direction every day? :colonhash:

I didn't name a specific genre but it's interesting that you mention Rap and RnB :smile:.

I bet if we took samples and compared the intellignce of individuals who listen to rnb to those who prefer classical music, we'd get some insightful results. Actually, it would be interesting to compare all genres.
Reply 55
His behaivour is of a comparable quality to his music. Girls like 'dangerous' pricks, and they also like s*** music. Therefore they like Chris Brown.
Reply 56
Original post by redferry
What could she have possibly done that deserved such extreme measures?
You say she might have provoked him, the only reasonable provocations that would invoke that would be 1) he doing exactly the same thing to him first (pretty clear this did not happen) or 2) Her saying 'I want you to beat the **** out of me please, it really turns me on' again, pretty sure this didn't happen...
I find Rhianna pretty revolting, especially after the song S and M, but no-one deserves that. Not even Miley Cyrus would deserve that...

I just :teehee: when reading that part. :tongue:

I agree with you, Rhihanna is pretty revolting really. Her song, omg... I think she's more of a whore that's trying to sing to be quite frank.
What the hell is the matter with you morons?
How can this ever be justified even partly? Whether or not you want to 'hit' her has got nothing to do with what a vile little loser Chris Brown obviously is!
I seriously doubt that, short of beating up or killing his family or some equally evil crime, she did not deserve this 'punishment'.
No, I personally don't like Rihanna's image and music, but how does that make this OK?
I didn't think that people were actually this stupid. I hope you don't get into a relationship with someone who beats you up.

(However, I feel that girls can very easily still like his music, without actually liking him. So many girls still like him, referring to his songs' style, lyrics etc. but could think that he personally is a bit 'off' - if you see what I mean!)
(edited 12 years ago)
Why do people have a problem with people listening to a women beater? Like what goes through your head? Oh he's a women-beater thus now to my ears he sounds awful and I shouldn't listen to him?

Do you guys realize John ****ing Lenon was a women beater also? Doesn't stop most of you guys adoring his music. Hypocrites.
Original post by i.am.lost
Did you somehow glance over the part where he beat the crap out of his girlfriend??

I'm not trying to sound uninformed on purpose but I actually don't pay attention to Rihanna or Chris Brown so I have no idea what happened other than he's meant to have hit her.

Latest