Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Examiners' Reports, January 2012 Session

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anyone had access to the Jan 2012 set of Examiners' Reports for Edexcel GCE Maths? Thanks in advance.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have they even been released yet? Can't see them on Edexcel's website. I always thought they came out with the grade boundaries the day before results day.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    According to Edexcel's schedule (http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages...on-papers.aspx), the examiner reports will come out five days after results day. The date mark schemes out on TSR is the same date listed on that schedule - so I think it's accurate.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the enlightenment!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Examiner reports are out.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snow leopard)
    Examiner reports are out.
    Where can you get them from?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wat is this all about ^^^^^^
    are the grade boundaries out???
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    can somone please get:
    http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocu...f_20120307.pdf
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone get access to the biology reports? just curius
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    well i might be just being stupid but what are examiners reports? I just immediately thought mark schemes but by the looks of it they are different ...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    well i might be just being stupid but what are examiners reports? I just immediately thought mark schemes but by the looks of it they are different ...
    It's a document which goes through each question in a past exam and gives an analysis of how candidates did as a whole... for example, it could say:

Q5 a) Almost all candidates gained full marks on this question, where the majority gained at least 2 out of 3 of the marks available.

Often on lesser well-answered questions, it will give more of an analysis and will probably highlight subjects/ideas which many candidates got wrong.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamjay)
    It's a document which goes through each question in a past exam and gives an analysis of how candidates did as a whole... for example, it could say:

Q5 a) Almost all candidates gained full marks on this question, where the majority gained at least 2 out of 3 of the marks available.

Often on lesser well-answered questions, it will give more of an analysis and will probably highlight subjects/ideas which many candidates got wrong.
    oh I had a hunch that it might be like that, thank you for confirming my suspicions
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Someone must have the examiners reports
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Someone must have the examiners reports
    I really want to see what they put regarding the ambiguous weather/hypothesis test question in the S2 paper.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhy)
    I really want to see what they put regarding the ambiguous weather/hypothesis test question in the S2 paper.
    Was it ambiguous though? I didn't have any problem with it in the exam personally, I got that it was one tailed. I'm more interested in what they said about the definition of 'level of significance'. I lost a mark because I didn't put 'when H0 is true' at the end of mine :dry:
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was it ambiguous though? I didn't have any problem with it in the exam personally, I got that it was one tailed. I'm more interested in what they said about the definition of 'level of significance'. I lost a mark because I didn't put 'when H0 is true' at the end of mine :dry:
    My teacher said it was ambiguous but I got that question right, too. There was a very similar question in a recent paper about a girl who was guessing answers to questions in a multiple-choice test, or something.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    D: no-one ?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 14, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.