The Student Room Group

How many people do you keep in contact with from School?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I left school centuries ago and I dont keep in touch with anyone from there.
Reply 41
If I define staying in contact with as speaking to regularly (every fortnight or more) then three people. If you count meeting up in the university holidays, maybe 25 or thirty people.
I only keep in contact with one person from school. Which I left 8 years ago.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 43
Wow, you're all in touch with so few people. :lolwut:

I reckon (after a quick scan of my facebook friends) that I'd say I was friends with ~10 people, and "in touch" with ~20 people. All together though I'd say there's about 40 that I see on at a least semi-regular basis that I would strike up some form of conversation with should I see them on the street.

And I left high school 5 years ago. :yy:
Everyone I intended to keep in touch with I did and I should hope it stays that way. I went to a different 6th form after Year 11 and to be honest I'm glad I did because I did particularly like the people at my secondary anyway and after meeting the people I have in 6th form, it only reaffirms how **** the people were at my old school. I'm on a gap year and even though everyone else has gone away to Uni and made new friends, I have lengthy conversations with each person about once a week and meet up regularly during holidays. I hope it stays this way, they're an awesome bunch of people :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm in my 2nd year of college after mucking up my AS's and year 12 was when my friend group really got together and we still go out together for each other's birthdays and things like that and a couple of my friends came home from uni for my birthday which I thought was really nice. We've drifted apart a little in that obviously we don't see each other anywhere near as much as we used to when we were all at the same school but we're all still good friends... I met my oldest friend whose easily one of my truest friends at primary school and even though we don't spend that much time together and we could go ages without seeing eachother despite living in the same village... when we do get together we're best friends again.
Reply 46
Barely any. It's not as if at school you can really seek out people you really like or that you even know what your looking for in your mates - its all pretty circumstantial.
Reply 47
Original post by scriggy
Wow, you're all in touch with so few people. :lolwut:

I reckon (after a quick scan of my facebook friends) that I'd say I was friends with ~10 people, and "in touch" with ~20 people. All together though I'd say there's about 40 that I see on at a least semi-regular basis that I would strike up some form of conversation with should I see them on the street.

And I left high school 5 years ago. :yy:

i know i was suprised , i thought more people would be in contact with a lot more people.
I reckon I'll stay in touch with three or four people, no more. I don't really feel like I fit in at school so I'll be quite glad to leave it behind, really.
Not as many as I thought I would :tongue:
Reply 50
i hated school.
Reply 51
whenever I go home and go to the pub, there are tons of people I went to school with in there and I get on pretty well with them. I wouldn't say any of them are particularly close friends but it's always nice to have a drink and a catch up with them. My closest friends these days are at uni and no doubt when I have a full time job my closest friends will change again...

I don't think it is that important to stay in touch with people from school just for the sake of it.
Reply 52
about 5% of them.
(edited 12 years ago)
I don't live in even the same county I went to school in anymore. Haven't seen my schoolmates for about 3 years which is a shame because they were great friends, we had a laugh. Contrary to what seems the general consensus on here, I enjoyed school, I miss 6th form.
Quite a few (10?) but I only see them in the holidays or maybe the odd weekend when I'm home as well as just seeing people around and saying hi. I like it that way, most of the people I loathed at school still hang out together pretty exclusively which I find a bit weird.
Reply 55
Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
I don't live in even the same county I went to school in anymore. Haven't seen my schoolmates for about 3 years which is a shame because they were great friends, we had a laugh. Contrary to what seems the general consensus on here, I enjoyed school, I miss 6th form.

alright , fair enough then.
Reply 56
i'm now 22 and have had the same best friends since year 9, a group of six of us... one i've known since year 5. i also keep in touch with 2 other girls regularly, and there's a few more i'd make conversation with if i saw them out and about.. maybe 10ish? i have a seperate group of friends from uni, and another from work, but those five girls will always be my best friends. :smile:
Original post by Minotauro
I'm pretty much in tone with everyone here, the bastards can rot for all I care, but I just burst out laughing thinking about how the last day of term was, everyone promising they'll stay in touch, saying we're brothers and what not, promising to play footy every weekend :biggrin:
lol, those f.u.c.k.e.r.s

Won't this be short sighted and sometime in the future you'll look back and think where are all my friends :/
Reply 58
Original post by mrshinyshoes
Won't this be short sighted and sometime in the future you'll look back and think where are all my friends :/

Not really, the majority of them are bad people with bad habits, stuff I don't want to get mixed into.

and I didn't say I didn't have any friends now, most of my closest friends now are not people I've met in education, but people I've known for years, and I honestly don't think I'll lose contact with these lads, but you never know. They've been there during tough times in my life, and that's what I care about. Whereas guys from my high school are 2 faced f.u.c.k.e.r.s.
Reply 59
this guy from my old school added me on facebook then started making random comments on Emmerdale and Eastenders.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending