The Student Room Group

Henrietta Barnett application

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by justanotherindigo
Heya:smile:

I've applied to HBS too, but there is not reply... Do you have any idea when they will reply?? I really want to make it into HBS!!:colondollar:

Unfortunately they've sent out conditional and reserve offers already, contact the school and chase up your application to insure it was received.
Good Luck .x
Original post by meowinglex
Unfortunately they've sent out conditional and reserve offers already, contact the school and chase up your application to insure it was received.
Good Luck .x

Yep I did that today, and apparently they didn't receive my application or referance. The same with my friend which is a bit weird because they sent my the receipt that they received my application.:frown: My headteacher is dealing with them and sending them a letter stating my grades and stuff
Original post by meowinglex
Is it a rejection if they can't offer you a conditional place
but tell you to come the day after results day to give in your grades?

Unfortunately yeah unless they have said to come back with your results you still might have a chance but it will be very last minute
Reply 43
Hey I go to HBS and alot of my friends who were new in sixth form came through the clearing process after results day :smile:
Original post by Purehakkai
Hey I go to HBS and alot of my friends who were new in sixth form came through the clearing process after results day :smile:

Heya:biggrin:

That's cool!
I really wanted to go to HBS, but after losing my application I can't really go there anymore:frown:
I got an offer from Queen Elizabeth's sixth form, so I'm pretty much going there, unless I get an offer from Woodhouse!
How's the experiance at HBS?:biggrin:
x
Reply 45
You can still get in, you just need to go in I think the day after results day and they do a sort of clearing process because alot of people dont actually make their offer.

Well after about 7 years, there has been ups and downs. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to go to a, I quote, 'normal school' but I loved my time there and I'm so sad to be leaving this year :frown:
Reply 46
Hello! Has anyone here applied this year (2013)? If so, have you heard from them yet- when will we be notified? I'm so nervous.

I got a direct offer from Woodhouse but I've rejected it- I hope that wasn't a mistake!!
Reply 47
Original post by hanchaemin
Hello! Has anyone here applied this year (2013)? If so, have you heard from them yet- when will we be notified? I'm so nervous.

I got a direct offer from Woodhouse but I've rejected it- I hope that wasn't a mistake!!

Have you heard back from them? I'm sure it won't be a mistake! :smile: I got a letter from them today and I got in x
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
I think that everyone received letters today (1st March) about Henrietta Barnett :smile: I got in!!!
Reply 49
Yay! Congratulations! :biggrin: I dont know what to do though because I didn't think I would have got in so I accepted a place somewhere else. I didn't go to the open day so I'll see if I like the school at the meeting. It's a realllllyyyyyyy amazing school when it come to grades and university destinations but quite a few people have said they didn't like it when they went. Ahhhh decisions!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by R-Bella
I think that everyone received letters today (1st March) about Henrietta Barnett :smile: I got in!!!

Oh my god!!! Congratulations. I got a conditional offer too but mine says "subject to your GCSE results and subject choices." What does yours say? I'm sooooo worried because I think my subjects might be oversubscribed and I might need to change them. They've asked me to come in for a meeting- what about you?

What are you taking? I'm taking Maths, Biology, Chemistry and English Literature.
Reply 51
Original post by niamhrafferty
Yay! Congratulations! :biggrin: I dont know what to do though because I didn't think I would have got in so I accepted a place somewhere else. I didn't go to the open day so I'll see if I like the school at the meeting. It's a realllllyyyyyyy amazing school when it come to grades and university destinations but quite a few people have said they didn't like it when they went. Ahhhh decisions!
Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't go to the open evening either but my friend did and she said it was lovely. What are you taking?
Reply 52
I didn't go to the open evening either but my friend did and she said it was lovely. What are you taking?

That's good :smile: I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Philosophy. What about you?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Original post by niamhrafferty
That's good :smile: I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Philosophy. What about you?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Maths, Chemistry, Biology and English Literature. Yay!! We might be in the same class.

I was a little worried because some people don't have to go to the meeting. Does your letter say "subject to subject choices"? I'm worried that they'll make us change our options...
Reply 54
I'm doing Maths, Chemistry, Biology and English Literature. Yay!! We might be in the same class.

I was a little worried because some people don't have to go to the meeting. Does your letter say "subject to subject choices"? I'm worried that they'll make us change our options...

Yay! That would be so cool! Yeah, it says 'subject to your GCSE results and subject choices'. I hope we don't have to change our options either, maybe there's a clash or something?
Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a conditional offer too! :smile: How many places do they offer to external applicants each year? To those who received a conditional offer, how far away do you live from Henrietta Barnett?
Reply 56
Original post by MrMusicLTD
I got a conditional offer too! :smile: How many places do they offer to external applicants each year? To those who received a conditional offer, how far away do you live from Henrietta Barnett?

Yay! Well done! I'm not sure how many places they offer, but it mustn't be that many because I think most people stay on from their school :smile: I live in south east London so I'd have to take the tube for about an hour :frown: that's one of the reasons I'm not sure about whether I want to go there or not :/ what about you? :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by MrMusicLTD

I think they offer a minimum of 32 places but that probably varies.

I live near Kings Cross but I'll be taking the bus. I think it takes just over an hour. Is travelling a problem for you? It really is worth it though and after all, it's only 2 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
I got a conditional offer too! :smile: What predicted grades did you guys get?
Reply 59
What predicted grades did you guys have? Also, what date are your meetings? Does your letters state this? I will get mine, when I get home!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending