The Student Room Group

Henrietta Barnett application

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by itslolo
I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths, what about you?

The same but instead of physics, English lit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Hi guys!!
I got an offer as well last week, i am so excited!:smile: I am really curious, does anybody know if HB give out interviews as well or do they just give out direct offers? :confused:
Reply 82
Original post by hanchaemin
My meeting is on the 19th at 3pm. Are these meeting in groups or are they like interviews?

how did your meeting go? What was it like? What did they ask you?
Reply 83
Original post by itslolo

They didn't say anything at all. It really isn't an interview. The lady didn't ask me anything but she did ask other people why they chose those subjects and that's it. I spent most of the time speaking to Sixth Formers but if you don't want to speak to them, you can just sit quietly.

Have you had yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by itslolo

Oh yes. You can meet other girls who got conditional offers there too. You're put in a small room with 3 sixth formers and about 10 other applicants and you just talk. Then another sixth former comes in to tell you to come into your meeting. After that, you can have a tour or you can go home.

The meeting is literally no more than 5 minutes. Don't stress at all- it's not worth it!!

Everyone at that school wants to do medicine!!! One of the sixth formers speaking to us got an offer for medicine in Oxord!! Argggg!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 85
Oh yes. You can meet other girls who got conditional offers there too. You're put in a small room with 3 sixth formers and about 10 other applicants and you just talk. Then another sixth former comes in to tell you to come into your meeting. After that, you can have a tour or you can go home.

The meeting is literally no more than 5 minutes. Don't stress at all- it's not worth it!!

Everyone at that school wants to do medicine!!! One of the sixth formers speaking to us got an offer for medicine in Oxord!! Argggg!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right wow, thank you so much :smile:
Reply 86

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your reply! Phew! I'm less stressed out now. Were there any parents there or was it just students? And how long did the whole thing last ?
Reply 87
Original post by shamima37
Thanks for your reply! Phew! I'm less stressed out now. Were there any parents there or was it just students? And how long did the whole thing last ?

Haha! No. The parents stayed outside.

If you want a tour, then it'll probably take an hour but otherwise 40 minutes. The interview itself is only 5 minutes but you do spend a lot of time chatting. I think they've arranged it so that you have time to ask the sixth formers questions and have a chat with other students.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Hi guys :smile: have any of you got the letter about the grades we need to get? I haven't got it yet but when I went to the meeting thingy, the lady said we'd hear back from them after the Easter half term :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
I got my letter yesterday, and it says that I need to bring along the "enclosed Data capture sheet" on results day. Only problem is... I didn't get a Data Capture sheet (whatever that is) in the post with my letter!

Should I email them and ask for one, or wait and see? Did you guys get one with your letter?

:smile:
Reply 90
Email and ask, absolutely. It was clearly supposed to be enclosed in the envelope and wasn't, so you're going to need to follow up about it - it's not going to be sent seperately.
Reply 91
I emailed them about the letter but they haven't replied.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
I also got a letter from them but I didn't get an enclosed data capture sheet, I'm going to email them today
Reply 93
Did everyone else get an email from then with an attachment of the sheet? :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Yeah I got it yesterday :smile:
Reply 95
Yesss! :biggrin:
Reply 96
Reply 97
im in year 10 at hbs and i would say that if you are extremely focused on work, for example get extra tutoring outside oof school, then its the place for you. However, if you are looking for a lively sixth form life full of parties and fun then hbs is not for you. Most people stay on at hbs for their friends because to be truthful the facilities arent great and the environment isnt very nice. Ive spoken to many 6th formers who say they'd rather have left. But its u to you, personally hbs was a bad choice for me and i cant wait to leave but its your choice.
Reply 98
Also its true they look down on every other school.
Hi, I'm new to this site and I applied for Henrietta Barnett also. I haven't received the Data Capture Sheet and it's July now :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending