The Student Room Group

Student finance help!!

I've been looking into applying for student finance, but when I tried to apply I was told I wasn't eligible because my father has lived and work outside the UK for longer than a year, however as he isn't contributing towards paying for fees and mother and stepfather are, can I still apply and am I still eligible?
Thank you
Reply 1
I'm assuming your parents are divorced and you're living with your mother?

You only need to provide the income details of the parent (and their partner, if they live with your parent) that you live with.

Without more detail in your situation it's impossible to give a definite answer, but at a glance, yes, you should be eligible.
Reply 2
Yes I am and my dad lives in the states, but since I live with my mum and stepdad, I can theoretically count them as my parents and not provide any information about my dad?
Reply 3
Original post by erobinson15
Yes I am and my dad lives in the states, but since I live with my mum and stepdad, I can theoretically count them as my parents and not provide any information about my dad?

Yes, that is how it works. You only provide income details for the parent (plus the partner if applicable) that has full time care of you.

:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by erobinson15

Yep, you'll need to provide your mum and stepdad's financial information. You won't need to include your father at all in your application. (That is, assuming you want to be income assessed. If you want just the tuition fee loan and minimum maintenance loan, you'll be eligible for those because of your mum, regardless of finances.)
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending