The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Not in the top ranking. Probably on par with the likes of Birmingham, Aston, City..
Reply 2
ye u wouldn't compare them with LSE, Warwick etc. but those three u mentioned are good enough 4 me :P
Reply 3
Does anyone know how it compares to Leeds?

x
Reply 4
I rank them on par although that's only my opinion. Worth checking the league tables though
Reply 5
looking into it some more i would rate it on par with leeds, maybe a little lower than aston, lancaster etc.
Reply 6
newcatsle is not a top ranking course, it asks for high grades cos it is a popular uni with the studnets and ppl wanna simply study there, hence they need to restrict amount of ppl going by the grades - go to the open days and u will see a clear distinction between the likes of lancaster, bath, loughbrough, and the even higher ones like warwick and lse, and then go to newcatsle etc, and u will see the course is a lot lower standard, u do modules in study skills and helping in the community and these count as credits!!!! and they r compulsory ones!!! u will soon see a lot of the better unis have compulsory modules whihc actually count for something lol. its not the best for business but if u like the place then fair enough.
Reply 7
Newcastle is not in the league of LSE, Warwick, Bath etc

It falls just under the likes of Lancaster, Aston in terms of business but overall as a university it is better than noth those two.
I have an offer at Newcastle for Marketing and Management, it's my insurance choice but I really don't think I want to go there!!! It's not up there with the top business schools which is where I really want to be!!! However the university is well-respected (19th according to The Times) and I'm sure Newcastle would be a great place to live.
e_clark
and u will see the course is a lot lower standard, u do modules in study skills and helping in the community and these count as credits!!!! and they r compulsory ones!!!

This is another thing that put me off. I mean, who wants to do modules in study skills???

Latest

Trending

Trending