The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Zakaz
Fascism is the only reasonable system. Mussolini's Italy would still be around today if Hitler hadn't come along.

I'm against the Labour party restricting free speech and against free speech being restricted in our current 'democracy'.
I don't call embracing the struggles between races and generations terribly reasonable, nor the cult of personality that inevitably arises under fascism. And corporatism is also highly morally questionable.
Reply 21
Zakaz
I'm against the Labour party restricting free speech and against free speech being restricted in our current 'democracy'.

I thought fascists were against freedom of speech as well. Why aren't you supporting Labour?! :p:
Reply 22
Dougie
I thought fascists were against freedom of speech as well. Why aren't you supporting Labour?! :p:

Currently we live in a democracy so freedom of speech is to be accepted (though somewhat grudgingly in some cases).

Agent Smith
I don't call embracing the struggles between races and generations terribly reasonable, nor the cult of personality that inevitably arises under fascism. And corporatism is also highly morally questionable.

I do.

"Fascism is a religious conception in which man is seen in his immanent relationship with a superior law and with an objective Will that transcends the particular individual"
Fascism is not a religion, no matter how hard you push it.
Reply 24
Agent Smith
Fascism is not a religion, no matter how hard you push it.

Mussolini did not say it was a "religion", he said it was a "religious conception". There is a difference.

Also, I think it could be regarded as a "religion" under the right conditions in a Fascist secular state.
Reply 25
This is spiralling rather obviously off-topic. As usual.
Where were the remarks made?
Reply 27
_jackofdiamonds
Where were the remarks made?

Griffin's remarks?

In a private meeting of BNP members, without a single muslim in the room. They were recorded covertly by the BBC (controlled by Labour).
Then no way should this be on trial.

Latest

Trending

Trending