The Student Room Group

Resits in AS maths

Hi everyone

I did my c1 exam back in january but im almost sure i will have to resit it in order to get the A that i want. Will this affect my university application? i plan to resit in summer. its only 1 module that ill be resitting but would this look bad to universities such as those in the russell group?

ta!
Original post by GiveMeAChallenge
Hi everyone

I did my c1 exam back in january but im almost sure i will have to resit it in order to get the A that i want. Will this affect my university application? i plan to resit in summer. its only 1 module that ill be resitting but would this look bad to universities such as those in the russell group?

ta!

I put that I'm resitting my C1 in my university application, still got 5 offers (ok, so I did get an A, but it was only just within the boundary and my head of maths is pretty much forcing me to redo it). Still, it's better to resit and get an A, than to not resit and end up with a lower grade.
Reply 2
Hi everyone

ta!

No, it will be fine. :smile: Don't worry, I've resat 2 units and I've got offers from KCL and Nottingham. I think unis realise that the Jan exams are a bit of a kick up the arse for most AS students. :wink:
Reply 3
Sorry, I may not be getting this, but how can the unis know whether you're resitting in AS or not? If you do badly in Jan exams and have to resit, you will resit in summer and get results in august, well before you apply in October/January. And I think the best result gets put on the application, so they will never know. Obviously this changes at A2 but I don't think there's a problem for AS. What do you think?
Original post by coolcric321
Sorry, I may not be getting this, but how can the unis know whether you're resitting in AS or not? If you do badly in Jan exams and have to resit, you will resit in summer and get results in august, well before you apply in October/January. And I think the best result gets put on the application, so they will never know. Obviously this changes at A2 but I don't think there's a problem for AS. What do you think?

yeah you are probably right! i didnt know whether you had to say that you did a resit :colondollar:
yeah you are probably right! i didnt know whether you had to say that you did a resit :colondollar:

I haven't resat my C1 yet, so I had to indicate that on my UCAS, and it hasn't affected my application. Also indicated an S2 and chemistry resit, so I doubt it affects unis too badly.

Who knows, you might still have that A! I thought for sure that I'd really messed my C1 up, but I still ended up in the A bracket on UMS.
Original post by Contrad!ction.
I haven't resat my C1 yet, so I had to indicate that on my UCAS, and it hasn't affected my application. Also indicated an S2 and chemistry resit, so I doubt it affects unis too badly.

Who knows, you might still have that A! I thought for sure that I'd really messed my C1 up, but I still ended up in the A bracket on UMS.

Thanks! How did you find S2 and the rest of the other module? :smile:
Thanks! How did you find S2 and the rest of the other module? :smile:

S2 was ok apart from the combinations question. I got 85 first time around but want an A* so that's why I resat it. Didn't take the chemistry exam in the end, my unis didn't request a grade from that so I left that as a B.

Also took M2, D2, S3, C3, D1 and a physics module. What board are you for maths? All of the people I know who took C1 said it was really hard, so the boundaries may well be low.
Original post by Contrad!ction.
S2 was ok apart from the combinations question. I got 85 first time around but want an A* so that's why I resat it. Didn't take the chemistry exam in the end, my unis didn't request a grade from that so I left that as a B.

Also took M2, D2, S3, C3, D1 and a physics module. What board are you for maths? All of the people I know who took C1 said it was really hard, so the boundaries may well be low.

AQA :frown: all my friends thought it was hard too but i just thought id done extra bad haha.
Im doind s1 atm and finding it relatively easy, its just remembering fomula!

Quick Reply