Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which political party do YOU want in power? (POLL ADDED)

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
  • View Poll Results: Which political party do YOU want in power?
    Conservative
    29.02%
    Labour
    25.89%
    Liberal Democrats
    8.04%
    Green Party
    12.95%
    UK Independence Party (UKIP)
    13.39%
    British National Party (BNP)
    3.57%
    Plaid Cymru
    1.34%
    Other (Please state)
    5.80%

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Which political party would you choose to vote for, and why?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Labour, so I don't have to pay £9,000 per year for university -.-

Plus I think the last election was more about people disliking Brown than really understanding the politics behind it. But hey, haters gonna hate :P
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Plaid Cymru for the lols

On a serious note, they are all as bad as each other...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Labour, to keep the Tories away from the NHS.

Other than that, though, I don't really care. Labour introduced tuition fees before the coalition government raised them, so I don't really see the logic of that argument. They'll probably raise them again in the next 20 years, anyway.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Official Monster Raving Loony Party, of course.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Greens anyone ?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's not like there's actually a difference between any of them. I'm not a conspiracy theorist - it's quite visibly evident that special interests control all policy of import while politicians are left minutiae that affects nothing to argue about to create the illusion of choice.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Conservative. The benefits culture of this country is disgusting and labour won't do anything about it...

EDIT: Also, the thought of having Ed Miliband at the wheel of the country sends shivers down my spine...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by planetconwy1)
    Plaid Cymru for the lols

On a serious note, they are all as bad as each other...
    For the lols? Why shouldn't Plaid be in power? Or do you mean in Westminster? In that case, major lols would be had indeed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Monster Raving Loonies, for sure.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrLuketastic)
    Labour, so I don't have to pay £9,000 per year for university -.-

Plus I think the last election was more about people disliking Brown than really understanding the politics behind it. But hey, haters gonna hate :P
    You will still have to be £6k and increase interest rates on graduates that earn more than £65k.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15050334
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Conservative for Westminister, SNP for Hollyrood (I'd vote no in an independence referendum but yes to 'Devolution Max')
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Durido)
    Greens anyone ?
    I would, but I've had a look at the bit of history before the industrial revolution, and it seems like a pretty crappy place to live.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Conservative, better than letting Labours current generation into power.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    UKIP Nigel farrage would.make a great pm, plus I disagree with the UK being in Europe and would prefer education and the NHS not be privatised!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    to be honest they're all useless jackanapes ... so it doesn't make much difference but for the sake of argument lets say Tory.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ra Ra Ra)
    Labour, to keep the Tories away from the NHS.

Other than that, though, I don't really care. Labour introduced tuition fees before the coalition government raised them, so I don't really see the logic of that argument. They'll probably raise them again in the next 20 years, anyway.
    Completely agree. Although tactical voting is not something I'm happy about, it is the only way to keep the Tories from making more cuts :/ I can't believe some people seem to have forgotten about what a pile of crap the last Conservative government landed us in (especially in Scotland)

The SNP is not a party that I would originally vote for but they certainly have been doing a better job in Scotland than any other party. No tuition fees, no prescription costs, they reopened Monklands hospital.etc Devolution is very tricky area but right now, I think Scotland's doing better than the rest of the UK in terms of education and health care...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The Official Monster Raving Loony Party all the way
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think any party is ideal, simply because at the end of the day, they are all playing the game, which is to win our votes. It's not 100% about doing the best things, speaking what they actually think and being individuals, it's a political game.

Politicians lie, they don't speak their minds, they don't admit weakness, they blame other MPs over any bad decision or argument like hypocrites, they don't answer difficult questions truthfully/with a straight answer, they just try to appeal to the people by not stepping over any lines and saying buzzwords.

I'll end the rant there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    UKIP.

Firsty I'm anti-EU, but also I agree with the majority of their other policies nowadays.

Farage is charismatic and a good orator, he doesn't seem like someone who would go back on his word like Clegg.

All this talk about them being racist and fascist is just pure ignorance. I invite anyone to point out a racist or fascist policy!

I can't stand Labour, mainly because of Miliband. I'd be embarrassed to call him PM. He looks and sounds like a geeky student. Imagine him stood on the world stage with the likes of Obama.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 5, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.