Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which political party do YOU want in power? (POLL ADDED)

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Which political party do YOU want in power?
    Conservative
    29.02%
    Labour
    25.89%
    Liberal Democrats
    8.04%
    Green Party
    12.95%
    UK Independence Party (UKIP)
    13.39%
    British National Party (BNP)
    3.57%
    Plaid Cymru
    1.34%
    Other (Please state)
    5.80%

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would probably vote Conservative because of thier efforts to cap benefits, something Labour would never have done.

I also think Osbourne did a good job over the last year with proposed fuel tax rises being scrapped, if they had gone ahead fuel would be well over £1.50 by now.

Can almost guarantee Labour wouldn't have scrapped them, so they could had out more money to benefit scroungers.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chefdave)
    From 2.20 in, Farage tackles drug prohibition:

Well Mr. Farage has certainly gone up in my estimation as a result of those words. But what does the rest of the party say about this?

Decriminalising certain drugs is an obvious way to save millions of pounds, keep our streets safer (fewer drug dealers and gang shootings) and our prison population down. Unfortunately none of our politicians have any brains.

If UKIP were to write this into their manifesto and reconsider their militaristic outlook I would seriously consider voting for them.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chefdave)
    I'm not sure that's fair. Look at the way Paxman attempts to goad Farage during this interview, he begins by attacking his name and then slyly adds little comments about UKIP's electoral potential etc yet Farage stays professional and manages to answer the questions sensibly despite Paxman's obviously biased attitude. He can be very diplomatic when he chooses to be.
    So can pretty much anybody. It's the fact that he chooses not to on far too many occasions that means he's clearly not fit for the job. His comments on Belgium for example were completely unacceptable, and regardless of his opinions on the European Union, such behaviour in a parliamentary chamber (which should be a forum of well mannered, diplomatic debate) is completely ridiculous and frankly immature.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    just corrected it there for you.

theyre all as bad as each other as someone else has already pointed out. im not voting for any of them, clearly theyve never had to worry about money in their lives so what business do they have in running the country.
    Just as much business as anybody else. You preach about inequality then go to imply that the wealthy shouldn't have the opportunity to have 'positions of power' because they're wealthy.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Conservatives. Love em or hate em, they're actually carrying out policies that are desperately overdue whether they are popular or not.

Labour are spineless and clueless, even more so under Ed Miliband.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Durido)
    Greens anyone ?
    Me greens all the way.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just george)
    I dont agree with you, but your perfectly entitled to your own opinion, not going to negative rate you for that
    Out of interest though, did you actually use your EMA for getting to school or school equipment? because like i said earlier, most of the people i know who got EMA really didnt need it..
    And for the record, labour would have increased the tuition fees too - as far as i know they set up the review that told the coalition they couldnt afford to keep it at £3k..
    :rolleyes:

People need to realise that the main motive behind the EMA scheme was not purely just to help fund those in need with school supplies. It provided some financial help which enables a student to stay on rather than get a full time job. A lot of the low income families have parents who struggled to provide for their children when they are older, and would rather them find a job so they could help with the rent, and food and travel etc. It's sad, but true.

I'm not such an extreme case but my dad's income decreased by about a third due to the recession, and it took me over a year to find a job that fitted around my school schedule. Without EMA I would have been so reliant on my parents and would have felt so guilty adding to their financial pressures. EMA helped a lot, although it didn't fund any more than around £40 for my school supplies as I walked to school.

You look at EMA the wrong way...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalB92)
    I would probably vote Conservative because of thier efforts to cap benefits, something Labour would never have done.

I also think Osbourne did a good job over the last year with proposed fuel tax rises being scrapped, if they had gone ahead fuel would be well over £1.50 by now.

Can almost guarantee Labour wouldn't have scrapped them, so they could had out more money to benefit scroungers.
    Benefit scroungers? Oh yes, everyone who is on the dole right now is just lazy scum who can so easily get a job but choose not to.

Such ignorance. It's worrying, but the majority of people who vote Tory are ***** like you.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Integral)
    Just as much business as anybody else. You preach about inequality then go to imply that the wealthy shouldn't have the opportunity to have 'positions of power' because they're wealthy.
    no, im saying we should have a leader that represents the interests of the people and has been through experiences that most have. the vast majority are old etonian oxbridge toffs and you're saying that's fair? the wealthy don't represent the interests of the whole nation.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    British National Party. Best Policies. Simple.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffieFlowers)
    Benefit scroungers? Oh yes, everyone who is on the dole right now is just lazy scum who can so easily get a job but choose not to.

Such ignorance. It's worrying, but the majority of people who vote Tory are ***** like you.
    Don't waste your breath. Typical tory mentality: "duuuurrrr poor people are lazy and rich people work haaaaaard! We should give tax breaks to the rich corporations and stop giving money to those who actually need it."

I've grown weary of arguing with retards like this on these forums.

Would rep you but I'm all out.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    A pure Liberal Democrat government all the way!!! ;-D
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffieFlowers)

I'm always astonished by the number of people who think that benefits=lazy chav. I know many people who are on benefits for a number of health reasons, who will actually refrain from not getting all they're entitled to because the general opinion is one that the Daily Mail holds, and they don't want to be judged.

Sorry for the mini-rant, it's just a pet peeve of mine. I hate how 'benefits' seem to be used against Labour, along with 'Labour's legacy' and the like
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrLuketastic)
    Labour, so I don't have to pay £9,000 per year for university -.-

Plus I think the last election was more about people disliking Brown than really understanding the politics behind it. But hey, haters gonna hate :P
    Labour will just make you pay a graduate tax .

Gordon Lost because Deficit,10 p tax and ID cards .
    People also fell for David Cameron's lies that he wouldnt cut EMA or raise tuition fees.

UKIP pretend to be libertarian but they are not, they want to Ban the Burkha and double the number of prisons. They have way to many closet racists.

a party committed to ending Foreign Intervention and restoring civil liberties as well as cutting regressive VAT would be appealing.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curzon)
    For the lols? Why shouldn't Plaid be in power? Or do you mean in Westminster? In that case, major lols would be had indeed.
    Oh yeah, it wouldn't be to bad in Wales, I reckon they might do an alright Job.

But in Parliament, can you actually imagine the Welsh running the whole country, it would be hysterical haha!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James10000)
    Labour will just make you pay a graduate tax .

Gordon Lost because Deficit,10 p tax and ID cards .
    People also fell for David Cameron's lies that he wouldnt cut EMA or raise tuition fees.

UKIP pretend to be libertarian but they are not, they want to Ban the Burkha and double the number of prisons. They have way to many closet racists.

a party committed to ending Foreign Intervention and restoring civil liberties as well as cutting regressive VAT would be appealing.

Total rubbish. UKIP don't want to ban the burkha, they did but that policy was quite rightly dropped.

I've Libertarian views, see my political compass in my sig, I'm a UKIP member. So wrong again.

We need to double the number of prison places because prisons are full. Surely that's logic or am I missing the point :confused:

Closet racists? What a total insult to me and fellow members. Racists have no place in UKIP.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChapelTom)

Total rubbish. UKIP don't want to ban the burkha, they did but that policy was quite rightly dropped.

I've Libertarian views, see my political compass in my sig, I'm a UKIP member. So wrong again.

We need to double the number of prison places because prisons are full. Surely that's logic or am I missing the point :confused:

Closet racists? What a total insult to me and fellow members. Racists have no place in UKIP.
    Links or proof that they have dropped that policy ? You dont reduce crime by some authoritarian police build up and building more prisons, if that was the case the US would have 0 crime.
    your not a racist but I know plenty of people in that pary who are and UKIP politicians do play to that crowd
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good site that sums up the political parties' policies and compares them: Click here.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Which foot would you like to shoot yourself in?

I joke
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Libertarian as they strongly oppose controlling every single aspect of peoples lives and believe in freedom.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 5, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.