The Student Room Group
hmm iv applied to do biomed this year n i dont remember seeing any courses that didnt expect biology but im sure there are some cos my friend is studying medicine at the mo n she didnt do biology...let me know how it goes.
btw....shud i choose manchester or newcastle?? so stuck! xxxx
Probably, but they would require chemistry without a doubt and a good reason why you want to do Biomed without a biology A-level.
Reply 3
I'd say it was unlikely. Manchester require Biology, Chemistry isn't required but is prefered... have a look on the UCAS website, it lists all of the universities that do the subject and will list the entry requirements.
Reply 4
Your first year would be very hard if you haven't done A-level. That kind of knowledge is taken as a given and in my experience, hardly any of it was recovered in the first few months. Still, if you are prepared to put in the extra work and can find a course that will accept you without it then nothing is impossible. Just be aware that it will be a hell of a lot bigger jump for you than for people who have biology A-level.
Reply 5
There are people on my course without A level Biology. I know for a fact they found topics such as genetics much more time consuming and possibly difficult because they didn't have Biology A level.

Can you not do an AS in Biology at least? Then at least you would have the basic cellular knowledge.

Latest

Trending

Trending