The Student Room Group

has anyone done better at A-level than GCSE?

At the minute I'm finding my A-levels alright, it's alot of work but I'm managing it pretty well. I want to get pretty good grades but the thing is I put in alot of effort for my GCSEs but didn't come out with particularly amazing grades. So I was wondering put in an incredible amount at A-level and come out with higher than their GCSEs?
I did far better at AS level than I did at GCSE!
It looks like I will be doing so by the rate and commitment I'm pumping out :colondollar:

My GCSE results were tragic.
Reply 3
No, it's never happened. EVER.
-_-
Reply 4
Original post by pink pineapple
At the minute I'm finding my A-levels alright, it's alot of work but I'm managing it pretty well. I want to get pretty good grades but the thing is I put in alot of effort for my GCSEs but didn't come out with particularly amazing grades. So I was wondering put in an incredible amount at A-level and come out with higher than their GCSEs?

Yes, my friends brother only got a B in Maths GSCE but got a A* for A level maths. He revised a lot for A levels. So try and plan out a timetable or go over your notes everyday that you did in class.
Yup I got every grade except a A or U in my GCSEs but for my A levels I got A*AC (stupid coursework let me down!) I did better personally because I prefer to go deeper into a few subjects than know a little about a lot.
Reply 6
my brother 1A* 2As 7Bs 1D at GCSE and AAB(A*AB if there was an A* at the time)
Reply 7
Yes. At least a grade higher in my A- Levels than my GCSE's.
Saying that, my GCSE's were tragic :/
Reply 8
I think I will do better (currently in year 11). Being realistic my GCSE grades will be: A*A*A*AAAAAAABBB but I want to get A*A*A at A-levels since the subjects I'll be picking at the ones I'll get A*'s in.
Reply 9
I'm -generally- doing better at A-level. I think it's got a lot to do with the teaching being so much better at college, plus that extra year of maturity makes a big difference, and personally, kicking myself up the bum for not doing better at GCSE when it seems ridiculously easy in comparison to AS and A2.
Lots of people in my school did better at A-level than at GCSE, I think because they took it more seriously.

I personally did worse. :ninja:
Original post by `God
I think I will do better (currently in year 11). Being realistic my GCSE grades will be: A*A*A*AAAAAAABBB but I want to get A*A*A at A-levels since the subjects I'll be picking at the ones I'll get A*'s in.

An A* at GCSE is not at all comparable to an A* at A-level.

I have done far better in my AS levels than at my GCSEs, OP, but that is reflective of the amount of work I put into each.
Original post by paulbridger
An A* at GCSE is not at all comparable to an A* at A-level.

I have done far better in my AS levels than at my GCSEs, OP, but that is reflective of the amount of work I put into each.

Definitely. I know people who got A*s at GCSE who are scraping Cs. I'm putting in a lot of effort and I'm doing subjects that I enjoy
Reply 13
I stayed about the same at B.

Quick Reply

Latest