Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best player in the English Premier League

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Who is the best player?
    Van Persie
    53.95%
    Silva
    19.08%
    Bale
    2.63%
    Rooney
    7.89%
    Yaya Toure
    2.63%
    Vidic
    3.95%
    Hart
    1.97%
    Other
    7.89%

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Except that is calculated in a much different way than the top voted players... 0.o

Man, you really dont have a clue do you.
    What I am trying to say is that just because Rooney get's praised highly by some and got included into the 2011 team (ridiculous) doesn't mean he is that good.

Plus the fact that he is a total idiot and thug.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aramiss18)
    How can people claim he's the best player in the league and one of the very very best in the world when he's never been in the top 3 of either WPY or BD?
    So.. how can someone claim RVP is then?

Use better arguments.

(Original post by johnharris19944)
    Ahh tommy you have to be one of the most blind posters on this forum, you cant take any criticism of any of your beloved united.
    Nope, can take plenty of criticism ) Has Rooney been best striker this season? No. There, i took criticism, because its a fact.

Oh dear. Did i ruin your fun?

Keep up the circle jerk
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dont make a bad comment about man u guys tommy will arrest you for it.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hardly 'absurd'. How ****ing ridiculous.

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/...ncluding-10-1/

Like 30 professional people from several leagues and career backgrounds. Rooney > RVP. Im not using this to say this means Rooney is a better player overall, im using it to say that its beyond idiotic to suggest that such an opinion is 'absurd' .
    I would be wary of quoting lists like that tbh, you laughed at someone calling Suarez one of the best in our league on the LFC thread, and yet they rate him as the 11th best player in the world; the list of attackers, and players in general, that he is above is quite outstanding... David Villa, Sergio Aguero, Hulk, Cavani, Ozil, Neymar, Robben, Hazard, Eto'o, Gomez etc...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    I would be wary of quoting lists like that tbh, you laughed at someone calling Suarez one of the best in our league on the LFC thread, and yet they rate him as the 11th best player in the world; the list of attackers, and players in general, that he is above is quite outstanding... David Villa, Sergio Aguero, Hulk, Cavani, Ozil, Neymar, Robben, Hazard, Eto'o, Gomez etc...
    No, i said Suarez wasnt near the best player this season. Just like if you look at this season, Rooney wouldnt be where he is, but the list isnt just for this season.

Look at Suarez at Ajax, ****ing fantastic, thus he warrants a place as overall a top player, because he is, this season, not as high.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    RVP

Asissts, left foot, right foot, vision, great passing ability, technically brilliant oh and he's the leagues top scorer... by quite a bit.

I would place Yaya Toure as second as you can see the impact he has on City as soon as he came back from the African cup of nations as in: there passing as instantly gone to the tempo it was in the first half of the season and he can change a game in a flash.

Bale and Rooney can both be inconsistent (coming from a united supporter).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    David Silva, the only reason why i watch man city games.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    RVP, for me.

But does Drogba not deserve a mention?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    So.. how can someone claim RVP is then?

Use better arguments.
    Because his form right now IS the best in the league- everything supports this view especially statistics. And we'll see how he does in the Ballon D'or and WPY which your beloved chav can't get a look in. In the last 5 years Rooney has never played as well as RVP is now and yet deluded fools still argue he's in the very top bracket. Either way, you can never provide a convincing argument for your bumming of Rooney and just nit pick so I can't be arsed with this. You should go spam somewhere else.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because his form right now IS the best in the league- everything supports this view especially statistics. In the last 5 years Rooney has never played as well as RVP is now and yet deluded fools still argue he's in the very top bracket. Either way, you can never provide a convincing argument for your bumming of Rooney so I can't be arsed with this.
    /yawn.

You stated Rooney cannot be judged as someone who can be contested for best layer in the league for such a reason, and by your own logic that means RVP cant too. Its not my fault you cant come up with real arguments.

Ive provided many.
    5th place in BD
    5th place in top 100 by a large list of professionals.
    Multiple other awards that Rooney has won.

But whatever, ignore everything :rolleyes: . Let alone the fact the difference in roles they have played previously and the fact ive never even stated Rooney is soo clearly above RVP as you keep implying i have :daydreaming: Man some of you WUMs are just terrible at this.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, i said Suarez wasnt near the best player this season. Just like if you look at this season, Rooney wouldnt be where he is, but the list isnt just for this season.

Look at Suarez at Ajax, ****ing fantastic, thus he warrants a place as overall a top player, because he is, this season, not as high.
    Tommy the troll just never gives up :rofl3:

I went back and looked at your post lol, lucky guess as to the page number, and you didn't mention anything about 'this season'. Though to be fair, you did say you'd rank him 15-25, which isn't an unfair estimate.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Scott Parker.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bryci)
    dont make a bad comment about man u guys tommy will arrest you for it.
    hahaah haaahaahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahah hahaha hahahahahahahahah hahahahaha veeeery funny
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkshadow1111)
    hahaah haaahaahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahah hahaha hahahahahahahahah hahahahaha veeeery funny
    what a surprise its a united fan !! Omg run their going to troll
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    RVP and soon the OX will be

Or maybe Hazard at Arsenal next season
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tommy the troll just never gives up :rofl3:
    So let me see.

Me:
    1)Rooney could be stated best player in league overall. Never said he was, infact said Vidic was. Simply argued against others who said that it is absurd to call him it. See mention of source in point 2.

2)Never stated Rooney was so clearly above RVP. Infact even stated this season RVP is above Rooney. I think Rooney has proven to be a better overall player (read.. overall player.. not striker) than RVP currently. Which could easily change once RVP gets another good season under his belt. Posted a good source to back this up (30 professionals voting on top 100). Even then, i have never stated it is such a massive gap. Unlike some people who claim otherwise. Have also stated there is some subjectivity in it, which is why i have stated the gap is not huge either way.

3)Stated many players on different threads which are better than their respective manchester united player in that position. Stated if a team is better (For example, City have a better team, simple), say negative things about players, and agree with other soints, if we under perform or against a players weaker attributes (E.g. De Geas Aerial ability) etc and etc.

Them:
    1)'Lol omg Tommyjw thinks Rooney is best in the league and world'. Despite me never saying that.

2)Uses no sources, but disputes my sources like they are something created by a biased United fan. .. which is illogical given the large variation of people who voted in it.

3) Imply i have stated Rooney is much better than RVP. Despite me never saying that

4) Imply i cant take criticism, which goes directly against my point RVP is better. Also imply i cant take criticism against United, which is quite clearly untrue, see point 3 above.

And im the troll?

Alrighty then :holmes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    what a surprise its a united fan !! Omg run their going to troll
    Oh OK.So you thought that joke was funny?.:facepalm:
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I, and I expect I speak for quite a few people, say he's overrated it's because some people frequently try and argue that he's just off Messi and Ronaldo, or top 5 when in reality he's really not that special. He is a special player, but not that special. Hence why he's consistently overlooked for World Player of the Year and the Ballon D'or.

There are so many players with better technical ability and a far more reliable attitude and mental state IMO.

The reason I take issue with Rooney is because of the English media constantly banging on about him like he's our hero.
    Except the amount of people that say that are in a very small minority. Theres probably more people who considerably under rate him that over rate him that highly.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rooney didn't score in the league for 11 games, just short of 3 months, and only provided one assist in that time period, in the first of those 11 games. His only goals in that time period was a brace against Galati. He's had a good season, but it hasn't been 'excellent' by his standards imo.

For sure, he has been very good, braces against City, Chelsea, Liverpool in recent weeks, but essentially, he's had 1 good month at the start of the year, 3 rubbish months, and now another good month. I'll admit, I like using stats, they have their shortcomings definitely, but they do aptly prove a point here. Rooney hasn't been consistent and hasn't been on the level of RVP this year, who would be my pick.
    Yes, he went through a spell of poor form for a few months, almost every player in the world has spells of poor form.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 10, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.