Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Valid ID forms

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, I turn 18 tomorrow and want to go clubbing and be able to buy alcohol etc. (the joys) but don't have any valid ID as of yet.

I don't have a passport; however, what I do have is my birth certificate - which I'm aware is unacceptable.

Will applying for an NUS card be of any merit to me other than for discounts? Can I use it to gain access to bars and clubs and buy alcohol?

I can't afford a provisional license, but are there cheaper, legitimate ID forms?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right before anyone bulls**ts you the ONLY form of ID accepted by bouncers is a valid driving licence or a Passport (In date). If your female a paid of double D's would get you in other than that sorry no Please don't use your birth certificate, my friend brought that along with letters and a student ID pleaded with the bouncer for 20mins (He eventually let him in) got to the bar and ordered a drink and the bar lady asked for ID *Facepalm*

Happy Birthday anyway!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get a passport. Unless for the rest of your life you wish to remain in the cultural desert that covers much of the UK.

You can use it for loads of other stuff too, nowhere is going to take a birth certificate as is. If I knew your name, place and date of birth, I could order your birth certificate for use myself.

LOL, judging by the negs, some seem to be looking at my flag and interpreting it as a call to Irish nationalism.

Truth is though, compared to the rest of the world, much of the UK IS a cultural desert, and I urge you to get out and see as much of it as you can, while you're still young.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Valid ID for age verification is passport/UK driving licence/PASS card.

Getting a bouncer to accept a PASS card is like pulling teeth though.

Nothing else is valid ID, and you'll be hard pushed to get them accepted anywhere. NUS cards, birth certificates etc, nuh uh.

Although, if you're going out in Leicester, I got into Walkabout using a Holiday Inn card (completely white with a green arrow on), and into Liquid with my debit card.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    A PASS card is valid ID but some bouncers don't like them so your safest bet is a driver's license or a passport. They cost quite a bit of money and take time to come through, though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is a provisional driving license counted as ID? I assume so but just checking
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisA7x)
    Is a provisional driving license counted as ID? I assume so but just checking
    Yes it is.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 27, 2012
New on TSR

Talk about SQA results day

Join the chat ahead of grades coming out on Tuesday

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.