Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

First film you can remember watching

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    What's the first film you can remember going to the cinema to watch?

Mines is Batman and Robin, the one with George Clooney.

I remember going when I was five or six and thinking it was awesome. After watching the Chris Nolan and Tim Burton films I realise how wrong I was and that it isn't really that good. It still better than Batman Forever at least
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember seeing Hook in the cinema when I was very young. I found it scary and ended up crying :o:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    The first Harry Potter film.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Tarzan :P
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember the first film I went to the cinema to watch :-(
    My earliest memory of watching a film at home was watching The Lion King and crying my eyes out at it!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    crikey erm......

I went to see the Little Mermaid about 5 times at the cinema when it came out. I was obsessed. Begged my mam to take me over and over and over. I'd have been 5 I guess as it was a 1989 film.

Also I went to see The Land Before Time at the cinema. That was a 1988 film but dunno if it was released in the UK then, or in 1989. Anyway it would have been one of the earliest I saw.
    I distinctly remember going to school on Monday and the teacher asking us all what we had done over the weekend, and I said I had been to see the land before time, and the teacher kept saying "the LAMB before time? I've never heard of that." I had to bellow LAAAANNNDDDD at her about 12 times before she understood me, and even then she just looked blank.
    Deaf teacher!
    My 4 year old son is obsessed with that film now. I think I've seen it 5 times in the past week lol.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Adams Family, but mostly because I fell asleep and my mum used to keep reminding me of that.:mmm:
    • 161 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ghostbusters.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Toy Story

I used to watch it all the time when I was little.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cinderella!

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    The land before time! Classic
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember first one but first I think of whenever asked about films is Dirty Harry. If it was to be only film I ever watched I'd be ok with it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    crikey erm......

I went to see the Little Mermaid about 5 times at the cinema when it came out. I was obsessed. Begged my mam to take me over and over and over. I'd have been 5 I guess as it was a 1989 film.

Also I went to see The Land Before Time at the cinema. That was a 1988 film but dunno if it was released in the UK then, or in 1989. Anyway it would have been one of the earliest I saw.
    I distinctly remember going to school on Monday and the teacher asking us all what we had done over the weekend, and I said I had been to see the land before time, and the teacher kept saying "the LAMB before time? I've never heard of that." I had to bellow LAAAANNNDDDD at her about 12 times before she understood me, and even then she just looked blank.
    Deaf teacher!
    My 4 year old son is obsessed with that film now. I think I've seen it 5 times in the past week lol.
    I loved that film!

I don't remember going to the cinema when I was that young... I remember going to see a play, sooty and sweep go to space or something. Just checked and that was 1988 - 1995- so I was at the most 6. I was very impressed!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Lion King - first time I can remember going to the cinema
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The Lion King- watched it on repeat according to my mum. Still love it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_lzycf1xpMD1qg5e8zo1_500.gif 
Views:	22 
Size:	498.5 KB 
ID:	134068
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mary Poppins. I can remember when they danced like penguins. I must have been really wee, like 3 or 4 because my dad still lived with me.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember seeing Thumbelina when I was very young, apparently that came out in 1994 so I was 2 years old...after that probably the Disney cartoon version of Hercules which is 1997. I definitely remember that one because we played the game of it at primary school after it came out!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    cant remenber the first one in a cinema, think it could have been batman and robin, it was one of the first ones anyway, watched it when i was on holiday with my mum and my sister, and mum only took us cos she fancies george clooney and it was raining.

the first film i ever watched was the bfg, which terrified me - the bloodbottler is scary when youre 2 years old, but i watched it pretty much every week as i loved it and still have the original video it was recorded on (with the snowman on the end, which i found boring, and when adverts were actually pretty good), its still my fave film as its got huge sentimental value to it. the second film i remember watching was fantasia, my dad loved it and put a huge film poster from it on my bedroom wall (think thats where my love of elephants came from, that and dumbos pink elephants).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 28, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.