The Student Room Group

What do you think of Primark?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It's fantastic for students, fancy dress heaven :smile: Always get basics like pyjamas etc. there, and I find the jewellery is good too (considering how cheap it is).
Original post by footyadd
Better than no income when you can't supply food for the family. Their pay would atleast put food in their stomachs.

You would think. But ironically, they are exposed to more dangers than if they are with their family i.e. toxic fumes, dangerous machinery etc. So even though people assume by keeping them in a job is the safer better alternative, it's quite evidently not because they still die.

They just die exhausted and angry.
Reply 22
The Primark where I live looks like a bomb has hit it.... clothes all over the floor, people trampling on them etc so I don't go in there at all. Some of the clothes might be ok, but from when I have gone in (mainly to cut through haha) I havent seen anything I've liked....its just such a mess in there :s-smilie:
Reply 23
Original post by pink pineapple
Some of the stuff's alright but I wouldn't buy an entire wardrobe of it. I don't think it's particularly good quality plus cheapness of the clothes make me question the ethnicity behind how the clothes are made.

:rofl2:
Reply 24
Original post by DanielMartin
You would think. But ironically, they are exposed to more dangers than if they are with their family i.e. toxic fumes, dangerous machinery etc. So even though people assume by keeping them in a job is the safer better alternative, it's quite evidently not because they still die.

They just die exhausted and angry.

In their desperate situation, I would think they rather going to work in such conditions than dyeing of starvation.
Reply 25
H&M the best store ever.
:biggrin:
Original post by footyadd
In their desperate situation, I would think they rather going to work in such conditions than dyeing of starvation.

Well obviously, they are stupid. Some of them realize, that dying with their family, even though it will be in poverty, no water, no food blah blah blah, will be better than being whipped by the angry white man to make more hoodies to sell.
I don't like their clothes that much,I prefer H&M,but I do agree some things I've seen are incredibly cheap but make me wonder about the ethics when the clothes are being made.
I like it, some of their clothes i just wonder what they were thinking when it was made/ designed but i find that in a lot of shops though :teehee:
I never really buy shoes from there though the soles are usually really thin.
I mainly just buy jewelery from there :h:
Original post by OddThings
I don't like their clothes that much,I prefer H&M,but I do agree some things I've seen are incredibly cheap but make me wonder about the ethics when the clothes are being made.

Children die to make primark clothes. Primark is nothing but a propaganda spewing hell hole. I'm sorry, but it's the worst store on the entire planet.
Reply 30
Terrible quality and fit, and I can't stand being in the store for more than five minutes.
Reply 31
Well sure. If you enjoy exploiting third world nations and having 10 year old kids
die, chained to machines to make your shoes, or Primark tops... Sure.

I would much rather the children die of a humanitarian cause i.e. hunger or poverty
rather than dying being the material dreams of a deluded westerner.

How dare you!
you would much rather they die of starvation?!

I would like to see your responce if that child was you, or someone you deeply loved.
I wouldnt want to see a child die in any circumstance.. sometimes them working is better as without it, they would certainly die of starvation. But thats not to say its right. If i had my way, i would pay adults exactly what they earned... not exploit them,... I would sent the kids to school
I used to shop there a lot, but nowadays not so much. Their t-shirts are cheap, but they definatly reflect quality, after a few washes they go all deformed and completely loose their fit. Same goes with the jeans, and shorts, but the buttons and zips always fall off of them.

H and M is my personal favourite at the moment, in between the pricing of Topman and Primark, but the quality is awesome.
i like the clothes there, but it isnt somewhere i'd want to buy all my clothes from. Also i really cant stand the shop, its too packed and the clothes are on the floor
Original post by cambo211
So ethics not ethnicity?

Yes, pretty much
Original post by Coolkat
How dare you!
you would much rather they die of starvation?!

I would like to see your responce if that child was you, or someone you deeply loved.
I wouldnt want to see a child die in any circumstance.. sometimes them working is better as without it, they would certainly die of starvation. But thats not to say its right. If i had my way, i would pay adults exactly what they earned... not exploit them,... I would sent the kids to school

Erm, well luckily I don't want kids so we'll never see that happen but... How ethical is LETTING A CHILD DIE FOR MAKING YOUR CLOTHES? the worst part is, you don't even feel guilty. You should feel ashamed every single day.
Some of the stuff they make is amazingly good considering the price. I have a pair brogues which I bought almost a year ago which have only just gone into a state of tattiness. I paid ten pounds for them.

I buy my underwear, socks and vests from Primark. Vests are two pounds each, socks are five pairs for four pounds, and underwear works out at about a pound each. Bargain.

I buy a lot of my clothing on eBay too. Stuff like used tailored jackets, vintage suits, wool coats and sport jackets- things like that. I will never go back to shopping chiefly at the high street. Never.
Reply 37
Original post by pink pineapple
Yes, pretty much

You do realise the difference between ethics and ethnicity?
Reply 38
Well sure. If you enjoy exploiting third world nations and having 10 year old kids
die, chained to machines to make your shoes, or Primark tops... Sure.

I would much rather the children die of a humanitarian cause i.e. hunger or poverty
rather than dying being the material dreams of a deluded westerner.

Spot on.
Reply 39
I used to shop in Primark but the minute I put the clothes in the wash, it gets holes. Plus, the amount of cringey moments with their playsuits/jeans tearing...:ashamed2:

Quick Reply

Latest