The Student Room Group

What do you think of Primark?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shennie
Haha they should have swapped the buttons and zips!! But I can deal with that based on the fact I only have to pay a tenner :smile:

Exactly! :P I just think of that when it takes me twice as long to go to do them up ;') and they're not actually that bad quality! x
Reply 141
Original post by JamfulDodger
Exactly! :P I just think of that when it takes me twice as long to go to do them up ;') and they're not actually that bad quality! x

Good quality, good price - AGREED! :smile:
NO I MEANT HEAR SORRY ABOUT THIS MODS

wtf am i doung? Making me laugh xD
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Shennie

Wrong :L
Everything in Primark = **** quality, good price :/

Ever heard of Aldos? :/
Reply 144
Original post by The Cool Arse
Wrong :L
Everything in Primark = **** quality, good price :/

Ever heard of Aldos? :/

No? Should I have? My personal experience is that they're not that bad quality and they last if you wash them properly :smile:
its a dive the stuff they sell in there is bloody aweful and over priced for what it is, which is saying something.
ive had cheaper and better quality clothing from a knock off stall in Bodrum.
i'd rather buy quality not quantity.
Original post by cl_steele
its a dive the stuff they sell in there is bloody aweful and over priced for what it is, which is saying something.
ive had cheaper and better quality clothing from a knock off stall in Bodrum.
i'd rather buy quality not quantity.

Makes me wonder if those sellers are counterfieting heh :P )
ATTENTION MODS : PLEASE DELETE THIS ACCIDENTAL DUPE POST!
SORRY... :smile:

Sorry I know this souns a bit funy lool xD ...but im being serious :L
Original post by Shennie

Haha just seen someone else quote this and call Primark "**** quality"

Haterz gonna hate :')
Reply 149
Original post by JamfulDodger
Haha just seen someone else quote this and call Primark "**** quality"

Haterz gonna hate :')

Entitled to their opinion, I'm just not sure why they couldn't post that as a separate post :smile: Ah well :smile: I think the quality is decent
Nothing annoys me more than a Primark snob! It has improved so much over the years and the prices have risen in order to match it. People make out that if you buy a t shirt from primark and go out in it you'll come home with the sleeves missing. The quality is actually good, maybe some people just dont look after their clothes. Loads of people really look down on primark as being this cheap, awful place that only sells crappy vests/jeans.
I have found many things in there that I get compliments on all the time. I have several blazers, jeans, shoes, tops and jewellery pieces that i wear often and absolutely love. The prices are cheap and in this economy some people can't afford to spend a lot of money on clothes so I think its a great life line for people with little money!

Don't get me wrong, it's by far my favourite shop (Topshop beats everything!) but compared to other shops with higher prices that quality is great and there are often some great pieces! Primark is not as bad as people like to make out.
Original post by Shennie

Entitled to their opinion, I'm just not sure why they couldn't post that as a separate post :smile: Ah well :smile: I think the quality is decent

haha I wondered why they quoted you! I love my Primark jeans, regardless. At the end of the day, quantity over quality when the prices are so cheap!
It all just seems a bit cheap and tacky to me. I've never kept a Primark item longer than a month or so because I always go off it or the quality deteriorates. I understand that we're students and can't afford much but in my opinion its better to save up and buy one really good quality item that will last, look good and fit well rather than 10 **** things that you will wear once. It's just cheap, saying that the prices have risen which isn't really proportional to the stuff they are selling. I also dislike New Look for the same reason.

EDIT: Also, the shop itself drives me mad. It's not the workers fault, the public seem to think it's ok to throw clothes around. I've seen many people pick up a top then just drop it on the floor, why???
(edited 12 years ago)
People who think primark is 'good quality' have never had good quality clothes.
Reply 154
Love it woooo
Original post by DanielMartin
Well sure. If you enjoy exploiting third world nations and having 10 year old kids
die, chained to machines to make your shoes, or Primark tops... Sure.

I would much rather the children die of a humanitarian cause i.e. hunger or poverty
rather than dying being the material dreams of a deluded westerner.

It's hardly limited to Primark, most clothes on the high street are made in third-world countries. Despite the conditions may not be that great, they are at least earning an income which they wouldn't if they did not make the clothes.
Reply 156
Everytime i go to primark i come out with a bag full of clothes i will never wear cos they are cheap all they will do is live on the floor of my room or clutter my wardrobe

i prefer to save for one or two more expensive items dont know if you will feel the same but the more i pay for something the more i fell obliged to look after it
(edited 12 years ago)
I actually love their jeans. I bought a pair of skinnies from there for £6. Still going strong after loads of washes and theyre really comfy with a good fit.
I need to shop primark more often!!
I rarely go in Primark anymore, I think it used to have better stuff in a while ago. I'll buy vests and plain boring t-shirts from there, as they're cheap but most of the stuff is really thin! I think you can catch on every now and then and get something from there that is actually pretty good...but for me...I just buy the basics. Everything else just seems to be a ridiculous quality.

Original post by llessur123
It all just seems a bit cheap and tacky to me. I've never kept a Primark item longer than a month or so because I always go off it or the quality deteriorates. I understand that we're students and can't afford much but in my opinion its better to save up and buy one really good quality item that will last, look good and fit well rather than 10 **** things that you will wear once. It's just cheap, saying that the prices have risen which isn't really proportional to the stuff they are selling. I also dislike New Look for the same reason.

EDIT: Also, the shop itself drives me mad. It's not the workers fault, the public seem to think it's ok to throw clothes around. I've seen many people pick up a top then just drop it on the floor, why???

I agree with you, I think New Look has gone a bit downhill with some of the quality of clothing as well. And I've noticed that whenever you go in Primark there's clothes thrown everywhere...never have I noticed the same in any other shop. Because they have cheaper clothing everyone seems to just chuck everything around and make it look a mess!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest