Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tennis- Anyone used the Babolat Pure Drive racket........?

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am just using it as demo and don't know if I was just playing really well, but I was finding it incredible for groundstrokes. I mean I was using the Wilson K Blade 98 before and liked it but its not very powerful, you need to produce the power yourself. But I found the Bab to be really powerful with good control. What are your experiences of it? cheers
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive used the 1st 2nd 3rd and 5th gen versions also used 4th gen PDR.

You get fairly good spin and great power however it can sometimes be rather uncontrolled. Demoing it is definatly the right thing to do though, maybe try it out for a little longer?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottish :))
    Ive used the 1st 2nd 3rd and 5th gen versions also used 4th gen PDR.

You get fairly good spin and great power however it can sometimes be rather uncontrolled. Demoing it is definatly the right thing to do though, maybe try it out for a little longer?
    yeh, I've tried it twice, loved it, seems to have good blend of power. Its the old version. I hear there's a new one? Which one have you liked most and stuck with? Do you think the new one would be much better and should I try it? cheers
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newts2k)
    yeh, I've tried it twice, loved it, seems to have good blend of power. Its the old version. I hear there's a new one? Which one have you liked most and stuck with? Do you think the new one would be much better and should I try it? cheers
    Yeah its great. The first one was my favourite. There is a new one but its meant to be the same as the 5th but different paint, you could demo it and get back to me s to wether its any different :P might be worth a try anyway. Unfortunatly I do not, I'm obliged to play wilson now unfortunatly who also make great bats but gives me limited oportunity to play with the pure drive now.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its great. The first one was my favourite. There is a new one but its meant to be the same as the 5th but different paint, you could demo it and get back to me s to wether its any different :P might be worth a try anyway. Unfortunatly I do not, I'm obliged to play wilson now unfortunatly who also make great bats but gives me limited oportunity to play with the pure drive now.
    I think I will ask to try the new one as well. Are you sponsored by Wilson or something?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do like Wilsons a lot as I said I have a K Blade 98, although, they don't seem to have nearly as much power as the Babolats.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 4, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.