Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

RuneScape anyone?

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to play. Though I didn't fully comprehend it at the time, the only thing that ever made Runescape fun was the Wilderness. When they scrapped it, they threw away any sense of "living on the edge" in a precarious world, where one must either go big or go home.

Now its just walking around and hitting things with a pickaxe.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AkaJetson)
    Yeah I read somewhere they increased the price. Not too sure why tbh..
    Have you heard of the other games they're making? One of them is a sci-fi MMO called Stellar Dawn and another is a Transformers MMO let's hope they're good.
    Extortion tbh. The main reason why the membership option was so attractive was that it was cheap; but if they're gonna sneakily increase it then it'll stop people from playing again. Even though £5 isn't much, £3.50 still looks a lot better.

Yeah wasn't that the revamped MechScape which they were gonna release in 2009? They said it wasn't 'up to scratch' so they said they were gonna release Stellar Dawn instead. Any idea on a release date? I remember signing up for a Beta which I still haven't heard from.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Persia I)
    Extortion tbh. The main reason why the membership option was so attractive was that it was cheap; but if they're gonna sneakily increase it then it'll stop people from playing again. Even though £5 isn't much, £3.50 still looks a lot better.
    If you were already paying for membership before the change on a monthly basis then you will carry on only paying £3.50 a month.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingGoonIan)
    If you were already paying for membership before the change on a monthly basis then you will carry on only paying £3.50 a month.
    I understand that but I cancelled it 3 months ago. Hence my frustration; it all adds up after a while tbh. :/
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah wasn't that the revamped MechScape which they were gonna release in 2009? They said it wasn't 'up to scratch' so they said they were gonna release Stellar Dawn instead. Any idea on a release date? I remember signing up for a Beta which I still haven't heard from.
    Yeah I know, I've been waiting since 07 for MS/SD:mad:
    They still haven't given a release date or beta or anything
    Stellar Dawn Central is a good fansite with news on it about the game.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Phelps)
    I played legit for 6 years. Got perm banned then quit. A year later botted on my mates account for two years and then quit when the bot nuke happened. The game is just to over powered now. Korasi and all that jazz ruined any PvP event and the new equipment every week was devaluing my bank so much I would make 10M in one week while training just to have it disappear because my items dropped in price. I got my old account unbanned from a perm ban after four years, but compared to the accounts now days it sucks although at the time it was an impressive piece of work.

I'm waiting till RS2006 comes online!

What CB, Total, and wealth are you at on your main OP?
    Nice Man
    I know what you mean about PvP being overpowered :P
    CB : 128
    Total : 1980
    Wealth : 3.2bil
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I understand that but I cancelled it 3 months ago. Hence my frustration; it all adds up after a while tbh. :/
    I cancelled it too after summer so I could concentrate on my studies then I resubscribed this week lol am a bit annoyed too.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know, I've been waiting since 07 for MS/SD:mad:
    They still haven't given a release date or beta or anything
    Stellar Dawn Central is a good fansite with news on it about the game.
    Hope it's a good game but tbh I don't know whether JaGeX can pull it off. Stellar Dawn seems a bit cliched but why haven't they released a lot of info. on it? They're always so secretive about stuff like this which is very weird.

Also another thing, Andrew Gower doesn't own shares in JaGeX anymore and he's not on the Board of Directors so he's left; which is maybe a reason for the rise in membership fees. Maybe because of new investors?

Do you still play RS btw?
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to back in the day. What was the worse bit was the fact no one believed I was a girl :cry2:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I cancelled it too after summer so I could concentrate on my studies then I resubscribed this week lol am a bit annoyed too.
    I don't understand the reason behind it but I just noticed something. I remember in 2007 they said they reached the 1 million members mark. Well seeing as they made hiscores available exclusively to members you can check how many members there are which is just under 800k atm. Just goes to show it's gone down rather than up for them. :lol:

(Original post by lyrical_lie)
    I used to back in the day. What was the worse bit was the fact no one believed I was a girl :cry2:
    For some, a girl on RuneScape is too good to be true.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    This thread's been done so many times -_-

I have a level 121, 24m RC xp, 99 con, 98 Agil, 90 Summ, 96 Range, 97Hp, 95 Mage. Havent played properly since Mod Crow abandoned Triumvirate
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I'm not even a weird, strange internety girl. I don't even own a games console :cry:

Though I did work in game :rolleyes: The irony.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Been with my girlfriend for over a year and recently got her to play and she likes it a lot - she's too good to be true lol.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mult)
    Nice Man
    I know what you mean about PvP being overpowered :P
    CB : 128
    Total : 1980
    Wealth : 3.2bil
    What would you have me do for a few million?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeh - legendary game!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hope it's a good game but tbh I don't know whether JaGeX can pull it off. Stellar Dawn seems a bit cliched but why haven't they released a lot of info. on it? They're always so secretive about stuff like this which is very weird.

Also another thing, Andrew Gower doesn't own shares in JaGeX anymore and he's not on the Board of Directors so he's left; which is maybe a reason for the rise in membership fees. Maybe because of new investors?

Do you still play RS btw?
    Yep it's annoying how they're very secretive. However they've definitely improved in that aspect since Mark Gerhard became CEO (quite a long time now).

That could be why, I know they're majority owned by an American company now. I think it's a shame he left..but he's started this other company called 'Fen Research' and he owns 90% of that and Jagex own the other 10%.

Nah I quit years ago. You? I still may log in sporadically if I'm very bored though.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everyone on here seems to be a pker!

W84 Edgeville gang (Sometimes known as Edgenders, reference to Eastenders because of the drama between Ariarch and Tiffany P6)

Then Skill center (tears)
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    technically speaking it is a crap game, I know that; you know that.

You are all speaking from your nostalgia, how very very sad.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    Haha, I'm not even a weird, strange internety girl. I don't even own a games console :cry:

Though I did work in game :rolleyes: The irony.
    Work? What work?!

Been with my girlfriend for over a year and recently got her to play and she likes it a lot - she's too good to be true lol.

You my friend, are one lucky man! I know for a fact that if I was to discover RS now I wouldn't like it.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep it's annoying how they're very secretive. However they've definitely improved in that aspect since Mark Gerhard became CEO (quite a long time now).

That could be why, I know they're majority owned by an American company now. I think it's a shame he left..but he's started this other company called 'Fen Research' and he owns 90% of that and Jagex own the other 10%.

Nah I quit years ago. You? I still may log in sporadically if I'm very bored though.
    Yeah I guess they have, that started with the Q&A threads and carried on from there. Have you seen any RuneFest videos? Some of them are so cringe-worthy. :rofl:
    I don't understand why he would leave when RuneScape was his creation! Yeah reading Wikipedia just informed me of that but I don't like the fact that it's owned by another company now.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 24, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.