The Student Room Group

University of Leeds or Uni of Manchester or Uni of Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sarah1345
History hopefully :biggrin: You're medicine right?

Yeah, thought you were too because I'm sure I've seen your username before :-)

History degree is very brave! I do History at A-level at the moment, absolutely love it but I just don't think I have a knack for it like maths/sciences unfortunately, I'd probably struggle with it at Uni! Some people in my class find it easy though, somehow!
Original post by Mero8
Yeah, thought you were too because I'm sure I've seen your username before :-)

History degree is very brave! I do History at A-level at the moment, absolutely love it but I just don't think I have a knack for it like maths/sciences unfortunately, I'd probably struggle with it at Uni! Some people in my class find it easy though, somehow!

Yeah, I love History, and Manchester has a fantastic massive library full of books! :biggrin: So hopefully I won't struggle to find resources for my essays. I like the study abroad for a semester thing as well, I think it's the perfect length, don't think I'd want to do a year, but 5 months or so would be great! Medicine is amazing, bet you see the pound signs already :wink: aha Good luck!
Reply 22
Original post by sarah1345
Yeah, Manchester's is pretty much the same as Leeds in that case. A very popular hall at Manchester is £80 a week, so factor that in as well, I'd be paying only around £1,300 A YEAR for my first year at least :tongue: That leaves me plenty for food and nights out, as well as saving; I'm a fairly good saver, and also plan on getting part time work doing 20 hours a week :smile:

If I go Manchester, Fallowfield is a must! Oak House or Owens Park. I've heard it has the most mental social life there.
Reply 23
Does the fact that Manchester has no real campus put them off slightly?
Leeds. That is all.
Reply 25
Original post by atayi1234
Leeds. That is all.

Elaborate?
Reply 26
I'm going to a guided visit at Manchester on the 21st. Hopefully that will make the decision easier.
Reply 27
Original post by Mero8
I would say Bristol is the most prestigious within the UK, and Manchester internationally.

Culture- Manchester is a very quirky and individual city compared to pretty much every city, lost of character (except London and Edinburgh)
Nicest university - Leeds university has a nicer campus than Manchester (haven't been to Bristol!)
Social Life - You won't get bored at any of the above, going by speaking to students who used to go to my school at each of these universities!

Hello Mero,
So you think an international student should go for Manchester as it is more prestigious internationally? because I realized that Bristol is more prestigious according to the British students here, also it's more selective (although these results related to the undergrad). but the times ranking ranked Manchester much higher than Bristol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending