Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Brookes or Brighton?

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the retarded username, using my sisters account! Hi everyone, I'm just wondering whether Brighton Uni or Brookes would be better? I have applied for a Primary Education course with QTS, and have recieved offers from both! Finding it really difficult to decide which one I would rather go to though! Could anyone give me their opinion of which uni and city they would prefer and why, and what they think the pros/cons are of each place! Would be really helpful, many thanks
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to both, haven't had my interviews yet as they are at the end of the month but I can give you a bit of info about Brighton/Falmer as I live in Eastbourne.

Brighton is good if you like the seaside!! Got lots of shops, very unique city, lots of quirky people and it's got a lively atmosphere. Nightlife is good, choice of clubs/ bars, and places to eat and you'll never be short of things to do in free time. It's a busy place, especially in the summer there are lots of tourists. Not good if you are travelling by car as it's manic on the roads!

Oxford from what I have heard from my family and friends who have attended there, is also lively, good shops, nice nightlife and good to own a bike if you live there!

I'd personally look into the course details again and see what structure you like best because the cities are both opposites really and if you don't mind where you are living perhaps the course might sway you more!! Congratulation on getting a place!!!

DO you have any tips for interview? Especially brookes as I hear you have to do a short teaching session of 5 mins to the group?? xxx
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loohorsemad)
    Ignore the retarded username, using my sisters account! Hi everyone, I'm just wondering whether Brighton Uni or Brookes would be better? I have applied for a Primary Education course with QTS, and have recieved offers from both! Finding it really difficult to decide which one I would rather go to though! Could anyone give me their opinion of which uni and city they would prefer and why, and what they think the pros/cons are of each place! Would be really helpful, many thanks

I am in the same situation now!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i've lived in brighton all my life and i can tell you its amazing. shopping and nightlife is great

watch this video if you can, you'll probably fall in love haha : http://vimeo.com/34381687

i have friends who attend both oxford uni and oxford brookes uni. They say the city's nice but doesn't compare to brighton, but then again not much does lol

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 4, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered South of England Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.