The Student Room Group

Where can i study Mathematics WITH actuarial science?

how many years is the course and what a levels do i need to enter?
Reply 1
Original post by Irokat

Well, I imagine that an actuarial science course would be very similar to a straight mathematics course, at least for the first year. I'd be surprised if there are any maths with actuarial science courses, it would be sort of redundant.
Reply 2
There are maths with actuarial sciences courses, many of them, we offer one here. That would be opposed to something like economics with actuarial science which is also offered. Ucas course search is your friend http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/coursesearch/
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Irokat

I think I have already applied to a thread of yours.

Southampton offer Maths or Economics WITH Actuarial Science. It's a three year course, and my offer was AAA.

Warwick, Southampton and Cardiff offer MORSE, which Warwicks gaining you more exemptions for the actuarial profession.

A couple more places offer straight Actuarial Science, which often comes with more exemptions. Kent, City and Heriot Watt offer the most (if you do the masters), if you're looking for pure impression LSE also do a course. Some offer years in industry which I think is very valuable.

I've just applied for Actuarial Science, firmed one offer, and can't wait to start in September!

Quick Reply

Latest