Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Women/girls, how many children would you like?

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
  • View Poll Results: Ladies, how many children would you like?
    No children
    19.50%
    7.04%
    37.86%
    31.19%
    4 or more children
    18.62%

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to have 3. I wouldn't be unhappy with 2 or 4 though, all depends on what the father would like too!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

Children are an eco-nightmare (yeah, I'm one of those people) and I have a pretty intense fear of pregnancy/birth.

I might adopt in my 30s/40s but nothing is erupting from my womb if I can help it.

I still get broody. It's not fun.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    A couple. Just need to find a man first. Just need to find some sperm really.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have one little girl already , she is nearly 4. But I would love more....but age is probably against me now!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I'd like three, but in the future that would depend on my circumstances - I definitley would only have that amount of children if I could provide for them emotionally, financially etc. Definitley at least two.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would like at least 4 children, because I have 3 siblings and can't imagine life with any fewer. :rolleyes:
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmokie Dragon)

Children are an eco-nightmare (yeah, I'm one of those people) and I have a pretty intense fear of pregnancy/birth.

I might adopt in my 30s/40s but nothing is erupting from my womb if I can help it.

I still get broody. It's not fun.
    I'm with you on this, except the broody part.

I would be willing to adopt as well, my brother was adopted and I would love to do for a kid what my family has done for him, people who say it is not the same are talking bull****.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want 5
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I already have 2 boys!.I only ever wanted 2, wasnt fussed on whether they were boys or girls.I am the oldest of 2, my brother is just 15 months younger than me so I cant remember what it was like to be the only child.

I must say I find it quite patronising to tell someone who doesnt want kids that they will change their mind!.Yeah some might , but not all do.One of my friends my age ( late 30s) never wanted them and she never had any.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    Breeders : Please please please STOP generalising and patronising us. Just because some women change their minds doesn't mean we all will.
    I'm not a "breeder" I'm just pointing out that most people end up having children anyway. Didn't mean anything bad by it, most people weren't planned.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have three, and that's fine by me.

We had the first one, and I wanted another...
    we had the second one, and I wanted another...
    we had the third one, and I knew, even during my pregnancy, that he would be our last. Neither of us want more than three.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    no children for me please. I'm the elder of two, for the record
    Exactly the same.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    Breeders : Please please please STOP generalising and patronising us. Just because some women change their minds doesn't mean we all will.
    likewise please stop referring to parents are "breeders", it's a somewhat derogatory term.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 older brothers, but they're much older than me, so I pretty much grew up like an only child, however we're quite close now, so I would like to have more than one kid because I think having siblings is really wonderful. I'm not sure how many I'd like though to be honest, I'll see how I get on after the first one
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    i am one of three and cannot imagine not having my brother and sister. i definatly want at least 3, but probably more. i want a huge family! now just need to find someone to have them with...
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd like three but I'm not fussy as long as it is more than one and I can afford them.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would like 3, but I'd be happy with two. I would hate to have an only child.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    3, two girls and a boy. I want us all to fit in the one car.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    Definitely at least 2..

I mean.. who's going to teach the bullies a lesson once they get into secondary school? :awesome:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would like to have 3 children. I have 4 brothers so I know how much it means to have siblings.

However, I also want 196 children (1 born in every country).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 26, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.