Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Women/girls, how many children would you like?

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Ladies, how many children would you like?
    No children
    19.50%
    7.04%
    37.86%
    31.19%
    4 or more children
    18.62%

• 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm still dubious about having children altogether. I don't really like them because most of the ones I encounter are little terrors. But I figured if I had a child of my own I'd probably soften a bit and hopefully I could bring it up to be a well-behaved child. If I do decide to have children, I'd be perfectly happy to have one - a girl, so we could have the same close relationship as I do with my Mum. Either that, or a girl and a boy.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    2 but if they're both the same gender I'd be willing to go to three to try and get at least one of each, but I think I'd draw the line at 3 unless it turned out they're twins or something (I'm not exactly going to kill the second twin to come out just because I've already got 3 kids!) so I could end up with 4 . . . although there isn't a history of twins in my family so it's unlikely.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't really want kids.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepinorder)
    how could someone not want kids, they are sooo small and cute awwww
    Well you'd better start hoping for dwarfism because they're only small for a tiny proportion of their lives.

Unless you're like me, who stayed small forever more. It ain't cute though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would love 4 but unless you fit one in the boot it would be quite hard to go for days out so... 3, ideally 2 girls 1 boy
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ideally 4, as I come from a family of 5 (3 sisters and a brother) and I love having so many siblings. Although it does help that we all get on so well! But I do have a feeling that I'll probably end up having less, as 4 might get a tad difficult as I also want a career!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doskey)
    I would love 4 but unless you fit one in the boot it would be quite hard to go for days out so... 3, ideally 2 girls 1 boy
    Or get a car with 6 seats?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    0. I might adopt but I couldn't bring a child into this world lol.

Though I do doubt my capacity to cater to a child's emotional needs etc. which is why I don't know if I'd adopt. I'm pretty awkward around them.

EMZ.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    2. I want my children to have siblings, but any more than 2 would be too hard work, especially with a career. I might have my tubes tied after having 2 just like my mum did.

Negative rep for considering having my tubes tied after having a few children? Why?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    3 - 2 boys and a girl, ideally.

This is going to require me overcoming my paralysing fear of pregnancy and childbirth, though...
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    To be frank, none. :erm: Don't get me wrong, I adore my baby sister, but I have no desire for a child of my own. And I have held this view for over 4 years now. I suppose only time will tell. :dontknow:
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would like a child or two early in life and maybe later in life (40's) I'd probably have another one. It depends. If I had a terrifying ordeal of child birth it would put me off. My mum had to have a blood transfusion after both me and my sister with a caesarean and she to be brought back to life with my younger sister.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depends how much money I have, if I'm secure with my finances I'd love a big family. I want to be able to afford to give my children as many opportunities as possible, so if I could only do that for one child, then I'd only have one.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Two, because the way I see it is that if my partner and I have two children then we're helping to keep the population stable... Plus it's just a nice number to have
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I satisfy the condition of "women/girls" but decided to vote anyway because I'm a bad person. I voted 3 because that is the number of kids I would like to have.

Definitely want at least one of both genders. Boys are good for sports. Girls bring harmony to the family. All boys would be chaos. All girls wouldn't be so bad, but come on what guy doesn't want to have a son?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm not female, but I don't think the thread should be restricted as such. I would like too have either zero or two children. I have two siblings and the house just feels too crowded and noisy, so no more than two. Also, an only child could potentially cause problems so that narrows it down to zero or two.

I've given this too much thought.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    2 or 3 biological, if it's possible. And then fostering/adoption until I'm so old or broke they won't let me do it anymore.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to have 4 kids, but I want a career first so who knows if that'll leave enough time for children aha. I'm one of 4 children and although I complain about my siblings a lot I wouldn't change it at all
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alawhisp)
    2 or 3 biological, if it's possible. And then fostering/adoption until I'm so old or broke they won't let me do it anymore.
    Aw, bless, what a noble thing to do. You deserve rep for even having the courage to contemplate such a deed.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I don't want any children. Call me evil but I really don't care for them much. I don't find them cute and all I see is a huge responsibility and financial burden. No thanks!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 26, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.