Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Women/girls, how many children would you like?

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Ladies, how many children would you like?
    No children
    19.50%
    7.04%
    37.86%
    31.19%
    4 or more children
    18.62%

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    not as many as my parents for sure! i am the youngest of 6 :O

apparently,because my father is a twin and my mother was a triplet,when it comes to me conceiving/carrying childrens i will have higher chance of multiple ;_;
    My friend has six children too, I don't know how he copes, he has to be constantly on the ball.

I'd quite like three of four, but I'm not sure yet. Whilst I'd quite like them to be close I have two other siblings and I know full well that just because you are siblings it doesn't mean that you are close or spend any time together. Even when I was younger my siblings and I didn't really get on and would just play separately.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raiden10)
    I'm not sure I satisfy the condition of "women/girls" but decided to vote anyway because I'm a bad person. I voted 3 because that is the number of kids I would like to have.

Definitely want at least one of both genders. Boys are good for sports. Girls bring harmony to the family. All boys would be chaos. All girls wouldn't be so bad, but come on what guy doesn't want to have a son?
    Proper badman, innit :gangster:

:giggle:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    None. Ever since I was little I've never wanted children. I can't picture myself being pregnant. I'm squeamish about giving birth, squeamish about looking after a baby, extremely awkward around children.

I also doubt my ability to bring up a child well and teach them the right things...and my ability to financially support any children.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suicidaloverbusiness)
    Aw, bless, what a noble thing to do. You deserve rep for even having the courage to contemplate such a deed.
    Hehe, thanks I'm under no illusions that it's an easy thing to do.. But I just struggle with the idea that so many kids are going through life not knowing what it's like to be cared for. So I'd like to do my bit to change what I can.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'd want 2 or 3.
    Not 1, because I'm an only child and was lonely/wanted someone to play with but my parents were busy making dinner etc. I've always wanted siblings!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I ever get infected with the broody virus I will adopt one child as a charitable gesture.

So, one or none for me.

I don't really like children.
    • 81 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why's this directed towards women? I think 2/3 would be fine (though not two thirds obviously )

Also, I voted. Sorry!
    • 82 followers

ReputationRep:
    Out of pure interest, how old are you?

(Original post by NaomiMadison)
    I'm an only child and, despite having begged my parents for siblings until I was about 11 (I stopped because I realised it wasn't possible for me to get an older siblings, additionally my parents got me a cat to shut me up), I love it. However I want a 3 kids; one child followed by twins.

Obviously, this depends on how much money I earn etc.

I plan on sending my kids to private school from 11+ (my parents sent me to one and I think it'll give them an advantage), so obviously to have 3 kids I'll have to earn the money to send them all to good schools and unis, on top of having to pay for extra curricular activities etc.

However, if money wasn't a factor I'd definitely want 3 kids. Probably a boy first then 2 twin girls, or a girl first and mixed twins. But I really want a boy first, when I was younger I always wanted an older brother.

I'd definitely settle for 2 kids though if whoever I ended up with didn't want 3 kids. I think I'd like a 3 or 4 year gap between them
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheQuietOne)
    None. Ever since I was little I've never wanted children. I can't picture myself being pregnant. I'm squeamish about giving birth, squeamish about looking after a baby, extremely awkward around children.

I also doubt my ability to bring up a child well and teach them the right things...and my ability to financially support any children.
    I'm the exact same. Even as a child I had no interest in babies, I didn't really play with dolls very much either. I'm terrified of pregnancy and childbirth, I'd rather like to be sterilised though I very much doubt a doctor would do it for a girl my age. I can't be around my little cousin because I just feel so awkward. I'd never be able to handle kids, I do not handle human vomit, piss, or **** well at all. Why do people WANT to change dirty nappies? It's horrible! D:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    it's interesting to see what people have put. I am surprised so many people don't want children. but I guess that may change with age. most people usually want two kids - one boy and one girl. I want 3/4 children. I am one of two children and it's nice to have a sibling but it would be nice to have a big family.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone here seem to think only children are spoilt lonely nutjob freakzoids?

I'm an only child and I'm pretty sure I'm not one.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    dont want any, i prefer having pets
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Well it depends:
    If i am RICH-2 kids
    if i am poor- 7 or more!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I voted 2, 3 and 4+ because I'm not really sure what I want now, but I definitely do want children, and more than 1. I don't think only children are necessarily all going to turn out spoilt and not being able to share etc. , I just don't really fancy the dynamic that is having the parents and then the child. One of my mum's friends said something that stuck in my mind that I thought was really cute - I think she had thought she'd only want one child, but then had a second because it didn't feel much like a family, just her, her husband, and the baby. I just like the idea of having a family, and I would love the chance to have boys and girls, though it really depends on how it turns out and what position I'm in in the future. No idea what I'm going to be doing work-wise, and though I'd love to stay with my current boyfriend forever and have kids together (we've talked a little about it) who knows
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who says one, don't do it lol (unless you can't afford it or don't wanna adopt etc etc). I'm an only child and always wished I had siblings. I'm 22 and still wishing.

Think about it, if you have more than one kid, when you die, your kids has their siblings. On the other hand, an only child has no-one and they miss out on nieces and nephews.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would like about 3 or four children I love my little brother, I was only four when he came along, but I really looked forward to it, sure we can annoy each other and stuff, but we are really quite close and hope we will be. Can't imagine not having him around! I always wanted a lot of kids, luckily my boyfriend is the same!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by takethyfacehence)
    I voted 2, 3 and 4+ because I'm not really sure what I want now, but I definitely do want children, and more than 1. I don't think only children are necessarily all going to turn out spoilt and not being able to share etc. , I just don't really fancy the dynamic that is having the parents and then the child. One of my mum's friends said something that stuck in my mind that I thought was really cute - I think she had thought she'd only want one child, but then had a second because it didn't feel much like a family, just her, her husband, and the baby. I just like the idea of having a family, and I would love the chance to have boys and girls, though it really depends on how it turns out and what position I'm in in the future. No idea what I'm going to be doing work-wise, and though I'd love to stay with my current boyfriend forever and have kids together (we've talked a little about it) who knows
    Why was this negged? This is so reasonable!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    2. Maybe 3.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want 2 or perhaps 3 but if I did have 3 I might push to 4 to make it even! I have a younger sister and we are pretty close. I'd never want an only child, it must be lonely and not too great for social skills. I don't want kids till I'm around 30 though, even though I occasionally get broody at 19! I want to live my life freely first.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    We have three children, would perhaps have gone to four, but our youngest has not had the most positive (healthwise) start in life.

We are very happy with our three, they are close in age which makes for an interesting life at times.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 26, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.