Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Women/girls, how many children would you like?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
  • View Poll Results: Ladies, how many children would you like?
    No children
    19.50%
    7.04%
    37.86%
    31.19%
    4 or more children
    18.62%

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm an only child and I know for a fact that it gets lonely- like there's no-one you can really trust as much as someone who shares some of your genetic content (I guess)! So yeah, I wouldn't want to put my kids through that.

I voted 3, just so nobody's left alone at any time! :P
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Either one or two, I can't decide. One because I could focus all my attention on them [not in an overbearing way] or two because I think bonds between siblings are often really strong and important, I dunno what I'd do without my sister! No more than two though whatever happens.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    None. Zero. Nada. Zilch.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    3 because I feel 2 is less and 4 too much. However I have thought about the possibility of having 3 kids and then a 4th one when the other 3 have grown up. Though I guess that would depend on my biological clock and how early/late I have kids.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am always so confused, and this is something I see a lot more since I got married, that people seem to find it personally insulting that I/women don't want children. Not only that, they don't believe it and make all kinds of condescending remarks or offer "alternatives" to my personal reasons why I don't want any. Why does such a personal choice seem to offend people so much? Even my post earlier got negged for absolutely no reason! I put my choice in a completely respectful way, it makes no sense to me ! I'm not going around and saying you all are nuts for wanting 4+ children, why is it any different that I want none?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm Male. But three.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sn8595)
    I'm an only child and I know for a fact that it gets lonely- like there's no-one you can really trust as much as someone who shares some of your genetic content (I guess)! So yeah, I wouldn't want to put my kids through that.

I voted 3, just so nobody's left alone at any time! :P
    I am fond of my sister to an extent, it is a certain thing to have it, but tbh, although we might have had the odd conversation skirting around relationships when younger, it's very rare, and the idea that either of us would just pop round to see the other and 'confide' would be alien to us. It's quite formal. There's definitely a distance. If I was, e.g, in London, and she's there, we'd have a meal out. So it's fun like that. But close, confiding, personal talks? No way, I'm virtually an only in that way.

There must be benefits to being only. Like people say parental scrutiny is no them, and they feel so responsible for parents care when older etc, but I speak from experience when saying that as a (a lot) younger child that that all applies to me. Having siblings is no guarentee of anything. I can see some advantages an only child would have like, knowing their priorities,(eg inheritance, reesponsibilities for parents, relationship with parents remains unaltered and stable) being focused on ambition, and relationships outside the house, and b eing good at these as there is no sibling there, knowing what they want in the future(including more kids, relationship etc).

As I say this just comes froma yongest with only traits who was lonely growing up to some extent.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really want 3, but my better half says we're having 2 and then he's going for 'the snip' lol grr
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyanohydrin)
    I'm Male. But three.
    I used to want that. Two eldest boys and a youngest girl would be nice.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought 1 would be nearly/as much as three, especially nowadays, surprising people still want so many.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty predictable what i'll have. None or two. I'm conventional in that way.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Well you'd better start hoping for dwarfism because they're only small for a tiny proportion of their lives.

Unless you're like me, who stayed small forever more. It ain't cute though.
    hahaha lol i only like them when they are small!! dont want old ones they're too much effort:eek:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No children for me. I've seen what it's like with my sister, and it doesn't interest me. I want to be out there. Good career, social life, traveling, and it'll be even more romantic with my boyfriend (when I get one) without any kids. I don't want to waste my life changing nappies, having sleepless nights and dealing with brattiness. I'm not phsyically or mentally prepared for a child. I'd rather just look after my friend's kids for a day, then give them back. XD
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i'd like to have at least 4 ...I'd loveee to have twin boys.. i'd name them Younis & Yousuf
    :rolleyes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    34 and a half (I'll chop the child I don't like into two, so my family can feed on its skin)
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendonbackflip)
    34 and a half (I'll chop the child I don't like into two, so my family can feed on its skin)
    How we chuckle.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barghest)
    No children for me. I've seen what it's like with my sister, and it doesn't interest me. I want to be out there. Good career, social life, traveling, and it'll be even more romantic with my boyfriend (when I get one) without any kids. I don't want to waste my life changing nappies, having sleepless nights and dealing with brattiness. I'm not phsyically or mentally prepared for a child. I'd rather just look after my friend's kids for a day, then give them back. XD
    What about when you're old and barren with no one left who even knows you exist? I don't mean to sound morbid or anything but so many people don't even think about what their life will be like when they are old, then regret it when it's too late.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    Zero.

would consider adoption if it meant a lot to a partner.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Two, and I would hope to have them be close in age.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    I am genuinely interested to survey this. I want an only child, for factors like quality of life, raising them best financially and resources wise, not being too older Dad etc. Anyway, if you could just vote that'd be grand.
    3 or 4.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 26, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.