The Student Room Group

A-levels help Please!

Good afternoon students.

I am looking for any help at all really.

I want to study Biology, Chemistry and Physics to persue the degree (degree's) I have in mind.

The fastest route I have found so far to completing these A-level courses is attending college, essentially full time for two years. As a 25 year old and recently out of work, I would prefer to study part time and still work part time.
My question to you is, is 2 years of college full time the fastest way to attaining the grades I will need to be considered for university?

A thank you in advance for any answers and please ask any further relevant questions if you need to.
I have heard there are on-line options for accelerated A levels in 1 year. Not sure how it works and if all subjects are offered.

Unfortunately the current A levels are modular and have continuous assessment, which makes 1 year harder to schedule, although I have heard of several people doing maths in a year, but maths is maths. The old A levels with just an exam at the end could be done in 1 year, I have done it my self. Hardwork though.
Reply 2
Cheers sunrise. I have accepted that I will more than likely have to go to college full time for two years. I wish as an 18/19 year old, that I knew what I wanted to do. Hindsight is a b***h hey! I have contacted two colleges today to ask for advice.

Do you mind if I ask what and where you are studying?
We are not studying, we have not undertaken academic study for 20 years (we are just lazy barstewards :smile: ). I did my A levels in 1981, including the one in one year as I switched course at the start of year 2 in the sixthform. (Loathed the chemistry teacher.)

My wife starts Uni in late September (3 year BSc Environmental Science) and I will start in early October (3 year BSc Archaeology.)

Good luck.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending