The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: You're the WORST Example!

Scroll to see replies

Think tuna casserole which is effectively heated tuna in its brine and hot water, with frozen peas and carrots, and soggy tortilla wraps thrown in for no apparent reason.
I don't eat fish, this was a dish for my family. They ate it not to hurt my feelings.

Worst hot dessert on a summers day?
Reply 261
A huge dumpling/stodgy sponge pudding with hot custard. WHY?! The sun is shining, I want to be eating this when it's snowing outside and we're all around a roaring fire, and it's 1910!

What's the worst example of: Spreading Cheeses?
What's that tube cheese called? Is it Primula? VILE.
I wouldn't spread it on Hitler's sandwiches.
OR his DELI bagels. (hehehe, bagels.)

Worst food you've PRETENDED to like out of politeness?
A pizza when my family and I were at dinner with family friends, I'm a vegetarian, so they made a real effort me and made me a pizza from scratch. It was: a base, chopped tomatoes, maybe 30g of cheese over the whole thing, and slimy canned mushrooms. I was so ill after D:

Worst vanilla ice cream which is not value brand?
Difficult to say, I'm not keen on vanilla ice-cream as it is (more flavour please), but I'd probably go for Ben & Jerry's.

Worst flavour of soup, excluding the cream of... stuff?
Original post by Alofleicester
Difficult to say, I'm not keen on vanilla ice-cream as it is (more flavour please), but I'd probably go for Ben & Jerry's.

Worst flavour of soup, excluding the cream of... stuff?

Canned tomato. I don't mind homemade, but from a can it's just SO dull. I really don't like any other than Heinz, which is just about okay.

Worst Walkers crisp variety?
It has to be salt and vinegar for me. I like them, but I'd only have them if there were no other flavours left.

Worst type of cake?
FRUIT CAKE.

I hates it.

Worst flavoured cake filling?
Original post by Viennaberry
FRUIT CAKE.

I hates it.

Worst flavoured cake filling?

I imagined you saying "I hates it" in the Nessa voice.
This amused me a great deal. Moving on...

Worst cake filling? I once ate a cake with a "marzipan cream" - it was as vile as I imagined, if not worse. It completely overhauls the taste of the cake. It was genuinely offensive.

Worst thing you've seen someone eat in a movie?
American Pie, The Wedding: Stiffler ate dog poo.

Worst flavour of Kellogs Nutri-Grain bar?
Original post by EllieJelly96
American Pie, The Wedding: Stiffler ate dog poo.

Worst flavour of Kellogs Nutri-Grain bar?

Hahahahaha..BRILLIANT answer.
I dislike most of the Nutri-Grain bars, they've got a weird, "too sweet yet I'm not a dessert" taste. Especially as an early in the morning breakfast bar option. But my least favourite is probably the blueberry.

Worst way to have milk/use milk in cooking?
I tried boiling milk in the kettle once. The word for that would be rancid.

Worst dish to garnish with pickle?
Reply 272
Chocolate Cake? You didn't specify savoury!! I can't think of anything that would be ruined more by Lime Pickle than a nice wodge of choccy cakles.

What's the worst example of: Dairy Milk with .....? (Dairy Milk bar variants).
Reply 273
Original post by TotoMimo
Chocolate Cake? You didn't specify savoury!! I can't think of anything that would be ruined more by Lime Pickle than a nice wodge of choccy cakles.

What's the worst example of: Dairy Milk with .....? (Dairy Milk bar variants).

Easy. Turkish Delight.

Worst example of... honey-roasted vegetables?
I tried to roast brussels in honey once, it didn't work.

Worst thing commonly paired with a cup of tea/coffee
Reply 275
I think a cuppa goes with most things, but one of the pairings I've never understood is Tea/Coffee.... AND MINTS. Why is this so common? The two items totally clash!!

What's the worst example of: Pre-packed Sushi?
Reply 276
Original post by TotoMimo
I think a cuppa goes with most things, but one of the pairings I've never understood is Tea/Coffee.... AND MINTS. Why is this so common? The two items totally clash!!

What's the worst example of: Pre-packed Sushi?

Morrison's (at least, I think that's where it came from) - it was all rice-y and no filling!

Worst savoury pairing (that you've actually tried, in the hope that it would taste good) with Marmite?
Original post by jeh_jeh
Morrison's (at least, I think that's where it came from) - it was all rice-y and no filling!

Worst savoury pairing (that you've actually tried, in the hope that it would taste good) with Marmite?

An ex ex ex exxxx boyfriend loved Marmite and I mean loved, he had it with all sorts. I think the worst I tried it with was a corned beef sandwich. It was like salt city without the lake. Saying that, the BEST was beans on toast..marmite acting as the butter. TRY IT FOLKS.

Worst..thing commonly eaten with custard?
Reply 278
Custard and jelly. I dont get it, they dont compliment each other AT ALL. Like those ambrosia pots you can get.. the jelly is so hard and the custard is not!

Worst breakfast you've had?
Original post by dani_1991
Custard and jelly. I dont get it, they dont compliment each other AT ALL. Like those ambrosia pots you can get.. the jelly is so hard and the custard is not!

Worst breakfast you've had?

Cheerios. Why. The milk tasted vile afterwards and they go all mushy. Eughhh

Worst vegetarian product you've tasted?

Quick Reply

Latest