The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: You're the WORST Example!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by TotoMimo
I think you will hear the unanimous chorus of "HERSHEYS!" boom throughout the land.

What's the worst example of: CEREAL BARS?

I thought that Hershey's is technically "chocolate-flavored candy" (American spelling for extra authenticity, yo), or something, though? SO not actually milk chocolate?
special k mint... wrong, just wrong.

sweet toast topping?
Apricot jam. GEDDOF ME TOAST.

Worst dish from Harvester?
^ ooooooh I'm so with you on the apricot jam!

Harvester... *peruses menu* (never been)
Parsnip, carrot and cheddar burger. GRIM!

Worst hot chocolate?
Original post by *custardcream
^ ooooooh I'm so with you on the apricot jam!

Harvester... *peruses menu* (never been)
Parsnip, carrot and cheddar burger. GRIM!

Worst hot chocolate?

Oh golly, you gotta go. If you want a biiiiiiiiig plate, value for money and a "I'm going out for dinner but I dont have to dress up" then Harv is the one!

I had a friends posh organic hot chocolate once, it was too rich and bitter. It tasted like..just, bitterness and anger.

Worst bit of afternoon tea selections?
cool! (bitterness and anger *giggle*)

its gotta be tuna sandwiches. dislike. afternoon tea though... mmm.

worst sandwich filling?
cool! (bitterness and anger *giggle*)

its gotta be tuna sandwiches. dislike. afternoon tea though... mmm.

worst sandwich filling?
Reply 407
I don't understand all the apricot jam hatred above! Apricot jam is so good :drool:

Worst sandwich filling... salad including raw onion. Tastes vile, horrible texture and makes everyone suddenly act like they hate you for the next three days until you stop smelling.

Worst brand of summer fruits juice?
Reply 408
CRANBERRY.

Ewewewewewewewew.

WORST fruit to eat in company.
Plums. They're so good but so messy and JUICCCCAAAAY. Dribble dribble.

Worst pizza base?
Reply 410
Though I love BBQ sauce, sometimes they REALLY overdo it and it can ruin the whole pizza. Too much sweetness I think...

Worst drink that comes in a carton with a straw?
Reply 411

So notorious were Kwenchy Kups that we referred to them as "Itchy Juice" - they rasped the back of your throat to hell. Most notably the worst ones were the cola and bubblegum varieties; those tasted like pain and suffering.

WORST VARIETY OF: MEAT CHOP?
Original post by TotoMimo

So notorious were Kwenchy Kups that we referred to them as "Itchy Juice" - they rasped the back of your throat to hell. Most notably the worst ones were the cola and bubblegum varieties; those tasted like pain and suffering.

WORST VARIETY OF: MEAT CHOP?

Lamb Chop, purely because I'm not a big fan of Lamb as a whole :colondollar:

WORST TYPE OF: SWISS ROLL (OR ROLY POLY :cool:)
supermarket cardboard with apricot jam and shaving cream. :yucky:

worst breaded fish item?
Reply 414
I am by no means a food snob and often buy value/basics range goods.

But Economy-grade Supermarket "Value Fishcakes" are sad sad things indeed. They may as well say "potato lumps, WARNING, MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF FISH!"

What's the worst example of... SHELLFISH?
Reply 415
OYSTERS.

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand them. And the whole practise of eating them screams 'I NO TASTE GOOD' anyway - you have to add onions and lemon etc to them... So, basically, what you're saying is that slimy, gooy THING isn't nice by itself?

Who'da thought. :/

Worst example of: sweet and savoury mix?
lemon chicken. ACK! (really do not do fruit and meat together...)

worst type of pasta sauce?
Reply 417
I answered this one before but I want to keep it going, so - one of Lloyd Grossman's jar sauces. Even worse than SUPER CHEAP BASICS TOMATO stuff. Why? The top third of an inch from the top was actually PURE OIL. URGH.

WORST EXAMPLE OF: WHITE CHOCOLATE BARS?
worst and white chocolate do not fit together. ever.

i guess the least delicious one was one from lidl/aldi and had sliced almonds in.

worst... way to eat eggs?
Reply 419
Deviled Eggs, I've never understood who would want to eat an egg on it's own as part of a 'party platter' kinda thing

Also I saw a recipe for a hard-boiled egg curry once, that's gotta be up there too actually.

What's the worst example of 'dietry' food? (E.g Weight Watchers, Sainsburys Be Good To Yourself, Tesco Light Choices etc.)

Quick Reply

Latest