The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: You're the WORST Example!

Scroll to see replies

Fruit and Nut.

Worst jam flavour?
Original post by dmccririck
Fruit and Nut.

Worst jam flavour?

Apricot. There's a reason they use it just to put marzipan on a cake and rarely stand alone.

Worst meal you've eaten from a pub?
Reply 442
Sorry Toto, but I'm gonna have to say the Turkish Delight bar. I hate it, but then I hate Turkish Delight.

Ninja'd!!

Worst pub meal: a chicken ceasar salad, which was more like soup with the amount of dressing they attacked it with!

Worst puff pastry item?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 443
Dani, why are you sorry about that? Dairy Milk Turkish Delight isn't Turkish Delight at all! I wouldn't be bothered about that.

The worst Puff Pastry item is: Sad, cold buffet table Vol au Vents. They're the puff pastry cousins of DIRE QUICHE.

What's the worst example of: WAFER BISCUITS?
Trick question, there's no such thing as a bad wafer biscuit.

What's the worst type of breakfast cereal?
Reply 445
Fibre X! SO NOTTA FAN.

And Toto, I know you're Cadbury Turkish Delight adverse, but I dislike all Turkish Delight, sorry!

Worst: Birthday Cake? (it's my mum's birthday so I'm inspired)
Reply 446
I think the worst birthday cake I ever got was a plain swiss roll (jam and cream) - not a bad cake, but just the worst BIRTHDAY cake choice!

On a separate sidenote, the most DISAPPOINTING Birthday cake I ever got was the Kipling GIANT FRENCH FANCY. Why? FALSE ADVERTISING!! The buttercream isn't buttercream but FOAM! ARGH!

What's the worst example of SUPERMARKET SUSHI?
Reply 447
Any Chicken sushi sold is terrible - its fish or nothing!

But worst I've had was probably Morrisons...

Worst Chinese takeaway option? (not the English options on the menu!)
Soup. I mean, it's not bad when you go and eat in and have it as a starter or a main with lots of noodles and a big bowl. But who gets soup in a Chinese takeaway? A takeaway is meant to be a treat. Bore off flavoured water.

Worst Walkers variety crisp?
Reply 449
If we're talking Limited Edition, then the worst example is the Builder's Breakfast/Chilli Chocolate ones they did (not the Stephen Fry up, that was marginally better - the ones in the competition prior to that).

If we're talking currently, MARMITE. Jesus Christ. Why.

WORST EXAMPLE OF: FOOD SHAPED LIKE A LIVING CREATURE?
Original post by TotoMimo
If we're talking Limited Edition, then the worst example is the Builder's Breakfast/Chilli Chocolate ones they did (not the Stephen Fry up, that was marginally better - the ones in the competition prior to that).

If we're talking currently, MARMITE. Jesus Christ. Why.

WORST EXAMPLE OF: FOOD SHAPED LIKE A LIVING CREATURE?

Billy bear ham. It tastes like, spammy water. With a bit of slipperyness.

Worst chocolate bar ice cream bar?
caramac - really disappointing.

worst type of cheese?
Reply 452
Goats Cheese. Find the texture odd.

Worst item on a TGI Friday's main meal menu?
Probably the crispy noodle salad. Boring. GIVE ME A STEAK.

Worst part of a roast dinner?
Reply 454
Original post by amyshamblesxx
Probably the crispy noodle salad. Boring. GIVE ME A STEAK.

Worst part of a roast dinner?

The carrots. Who wants boring boiled vegetables when you could just have more gloriously roasted potatoes and parsnips instead?

Worst type of pre-packaged sandwich, and from where?
Original post by jeh_jeh
The carrots. Who wants boring boiled vegetables when you could just have more gloriously roasted potatoes and parsnips instead?

Worst type of pre-packaged sandwich, and from where?

Any sandwich from Greggs. Oh yeah, I love to have a bit of bread with my sea of mayonnaise. Cheers Greggs. :mad:

Worst flavour of squash?
Original post by amyshamblesxx
Any sandwich from Greggs. Oh yeah, I love to have a bit of bread with my sea of mayonnaise. Cheers Greggs. :mad:

Worst flavour of squash?

Lemon. It's just... ugh!

Worst Chinese takeaway dish?
lemon chicken - REVOLTING!

worst canned dessert? (not fruit)
Not a hude a fan of canned dessert in general, but I guess a poor quality rice pudding is just flavourless mush.

Worst Easter egg novelty you've had?
The little smarties chocolate thing out this year. It's a massive disappointment.

Worst thing you've had from a canteen (work, school or otherwise)

Quick Reply

Latest