The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: You're the WORST Example!

Scroll to see replies

Nachos. Controversial choice but compared to a soft tortilla wrap, enchiladas, fajitas..all those lovely flavours, nachos just seem a bit dull, dry and boring! And quite over-rated.

Worst crisps?
Reply 581
Walkers baked aka flavourless cardboard.

Worst flavour of Discos?
DO THEY EXIST?
Discos are called Discos for a reason...PARTY IN MY MOUTH
Reply 583
Cheese and Onion, because I just dont like Cheese and Onion flavours.

WORST 'SALTED' FOOD? (e.g. peanuts, pretzels etc)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 584
RIE LAZO.

Jesus, I tried these things from the World Market section of Asda like last year, and couldn't even swallow one bit. They're a "mixed fruit bar infused with sea salt and covered in a fine layer of salt and spice".

Yeah, it should be called "some weird tasting fudgey tart stuff DROPPED INTO THE DEAD SEA."

WHAT'S THE WORST EXAMPLE OF A FOOD IN A "SHARE SIZE" BAG YOU CAN GET IN OTHER FORMATS (when the "share size" is a crap idea)?
(edited 11 years ago)
Twirl bites. Now, I love twirl..but, really, what's the point in these? they are NO different to regular twirls, just broken up. Which they already kinda were with their TWO sticks in one pack anyway? I'm not a baby, I don't need me food chunked up for me.

Worst example of food claiming to be healthy, but really, it's pretty standard.
Reply 586
Nutrigrain bars; they have loads of calories!

And granola; it always SEEMS healthy, but it's really not!!!

Worst calorific food that doesn't fill you up?
Nuts and seeds. TONS of calories, and yeah sure, they're good for you, they probably have nutrients etc in them enough to stop you being really hungry for a fair while, but I don't remember ever getting the "FULL" satisfied feeling from them. I could eat thousands without feeling stuffed. Dangerous business.

worst chocolate come Ice Cream bar?
Snickers, because I hate peanuts.

Worst Haribo mix/variety?
Reply 589
GRRRR, HARIBO!! How you have taken the penny sweet, rebranded it as your own, and charge a premium for it!!

Well, the worst of "their" range (ie, all penny sweet ranges) are the disgusting LIQUORICE WHEELS. Partially because I personally dislike liquorice in general, but also because they have this abhorrent stale smell when the bag is opened which far surpasses standard liquorice badness...

What's the worst example of FAST FOOD "GOURMET" BURGERS (fancier options)?
Reply 590
It would have to be a Burger King one, they take things a tad too far.
TRIPLE whopper? Two is pushing it... And when they put onion rings IN the burger, they're sides for a reason!!

Worst example of supermarket 'bites' (e.g. Cornflake bites, rocky road, brownie bites etc)
Think we mentioned it recently but Rocky Road bites. They don't wet my whistle. I'd always opt for soft buttery flapjack or little brownie bites over them. They're too hard yet can't really be savoured by sucking and allowing to melt. I don't know how to approach the Rocky Road.

Worst cuisine to have an ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET
Reply 592
Italian! Because can you imagine it? It would be carbtastic and you'd be full like; instantly!

In actual buffets, I find indian ones disappointing.

WORST FOOD WITH A HOLE/HOLES/AIR IN?
Reply 593
Bagels. The bun is WRONG. What use is it in that shape anyway.

WORST FAST FOOD OUTLET FOR BAD STAFF
Reply 594
Has to be KFC, just plain rude.

Whats the worst fruit?
It's either cranberries or melon. I find the taste of cranberries pretty unpleasant, I would NEVER sit and snack on them. And if I saw someone else doing it, it'd be like watching someone put their nails down a blackboard. And as for melon, it is void of REAL flavour..and they always bulk out so many fruit salads with it. Why do you do this to me? Not a melon fan!

Which is the worst example of chocolate snacks?
Reply 596
Original post by MelissaJayne
It's either cranberries or melon. I find the taste of cranberries pretty unpleasant, I would NEVER sit and snack on them. And if I saw someone else doing it, it'd be like watching someone put their nails down a blackboard. And as for melon, it is void of REAL flavour..and they always bulk out so many fruit salads with it. Why do you do this to me? Not a melon fan!

Which is the worst example of chocolate snacks?

Any chocolate muffin that claims to be "double" or "triple" choc. I have even seen some advertised as "quadruple choc". It's just a chocolate muffin for heavens good sake!

Which is the worst example of a microwave product?
Reply 597
Microwave Kebab.

I remember being given these in summer holidays. NOT NICE.

Worst sweet snack using nuts?
Reply 598
Those disgusting, greasy-and-dry (how do they manage to do BOTH?!) NAKD bars with the nuts in them. Even a plain crappy fruit and nut mix, more fat and calories than, say, a STAR BAR, is a better option.

What's the worst example of... THE ADDITION OF CHEESE (product that, inexplicably, they ruin by adding cheese)?
Reply 599
Feta or goats cheese in salad. I don't want those despicable cubes of ick in ma salad! Also Bruschetta should be just tomato and basil, maybe some anchovies, no cheese!

Worst homebaking kit? Choc chip Cookies, double choc brownies etc

Quick Reply

Latest