The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: You're the WORST Example!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Curry. It has to be eaten orderly on a plate with at least a fork whereas most fast foods - kebabs, chicken, saveloys, burgers... - can be munched down straight from the packaging and even whilst doing other things.

Worst attempt at a sophisticated microwavable meal
Oh gosh, one time I saw a microwavable salmon and mash and veggie thing that was trying to pass itself off as 'premium' and it just looked like someone had been sick in the box. Yergh. No, if I'm going for a micro-meal it's got to be cheap(ish) and cheerful(ish).

WORST EXAMPLE OF:

Dried fruit snacks
Reply 1162
I answer the "fruit snacks" or "nut snacks" one so frequently im going to make a sweeping generalisation;

GRAZE BOXES.

I had a graze box the other day for one eighth of the price. It was called buying a seed and nut mix, dried fruit, some crackers and a bunch of value spices and shoving them in Tupperware. Voila! Four weeks of "graze boxes"! But alas, I felt I hadn't wasted enough money nor set up enough direct debits, so I now send a fiver a week to a man who sends me photos of the socks he's wearing today.

WORST EXAMPLE OF A CHOCCY BAR CONTAINING NOUGAT?
3 MUSKETEERS. Not because they aren't pleasant, but they're just not... 'WOW' material. I mean I eat a snickers and I'm like HELL YEAH i got me some nuts. I eat a Mars or Topic and I'm like YEAH BABAYYY, get me some caramel nougaty fun. But 3 Musketeers? I was all excited, it's American after all, and it was like...oh, it's just...nothing new. Nothing exciting. For some reason, I LOVE MilkyWays, yet find a 3M a disappointment.
-N.B. It would have been White Toblerone, but I realised it was just my hate of sickly white chocolate, and I couldn;t do that to those triangle treats of joy.

WORST EXAMPLE OF LUXURY YOGHURTS?
Reply 1164

RACHEL SAYS HI. Rachel also devised a yoghurt so heinous that it tastes good to start off with, then BLAM, tastes like one of those trick sweets that's nice until you break the hard shell.

Why is Rachel's yoghurt so expensive, too? It's runny ol' nonsense.

WORST EXAMPLE OF A BURGER TO EAT IF YOU WANT TO REMAIN REMOTELY CLEAN (that's BURGER, not SUB/SANDWICH)?
it's probably a lazy answer, but Big Mac. All that 'special sauce' and bits of onion and stuff... impossible to eat without getting at least some form of vegetable down your front. also, you run out of bun so by the end you're effectively eating a fistful of meat and cheese. then again, i don't know much about burgers, there's probably far messier burgers out there... safe to say, burgers are messy things, especially when they're double decker

Worst example of... Supermarket own brand biscuit?
Reply 1166
In recent times, it's the Sainsburys "Eric Elephant" Iced biscuits.

Similar idea to party rings but in mini elephant shapes... The reality is a dry throat rape both searing in sweetness and tooth clingingly awful.

Worst example of snacks you eat in the pub when you're starving and haven't had dinner?
DRY ROASTED NUTS.
Coz I hate em, but if I'm hungry I'll sit and eat em, hating every mouthful, but still eating em. Why can't you get salted damn it Dad?!

WORST THING FILLED WITH CREAM?
Reply 1168
Cream Cookies. You know, the ones that arent cookies at all but rather a dry, bready bun:

Theyre totally not cakes. Or buns. Or cookies. It isn't ANYTHING!!

WORST EXAMPLE OF CHOCOLATE BUTTONS?
Dogs treats chocolate buttons. :colondollar: Yeah..ashamed to admit, I had to try one.
Dogs chocolate, I can confirm, is not as good as human chocolate. Didnt woof that one down.

Worst example of things on toast?
Haha, well, from Mr.Breakfast.com's 351 ways to enjoy toast, it has been suggested that Egg Mayo and Caviare is something to try. No, its not. It's gotta be one of the worst things I can think of... Caviare? Why not throw some Oysters on it too.
In terms of normal things, I'd probably say boiled egg. Just because I dont get why they dont just have scrambled?!

WORST THING TO EAT WITH HOT CHOCOLATE?
Reply 1171
A curry! That's wrong on so many levels.

Worse fryup ingreidient to fall down the back of the sofa and have to be retreived by hand?
Original post by Fusion
A curry! That's wrong on so many levels.

Worse fryup ingreidient to fall down the back of the sofa and have to be retreived by hand?

Do you often eat meals leaning over the back of the sofa?!

Anyway, in answer...

If you've got a perfect fried/poached egg with a runny yolk, that. Because there's no way you'll get it out without bursting it, and it'll make a mess and you won't have a perfect egg any more and you'll cry.

Worst example of... Flavours of ice cream to put in a banana split?
Mint. Have you tried mint and banana? Don't.
Think, brushing your teeth then eating one. It just isn't right. And the yellow and green don't go. Can't have a colour clash honey.

Worst ingredient to be removed from pizza? (so, which would be worse to remove. A pizza without cheese, tomato sauce, dough etc)
Reply 1174
At a fundamental level, pizza can be tomato and dough, or cheese and dough; but never cheese and tomato on nothing.

Now imagine a blt with no bread. Same deaal!! Doughless pizza sounds nightmarish!!

Worst example of CRISPS TO GIVE A BORING, UNADVENTUROUS PERSON?
NANDOS CRISPS. I was gonna say Sensations or Kettle Chips (both divine and different from the norm) but when faced with a boring person, giving them spice and flavour, their head tends to fall off. True story.

Worst meal to make for a group of people unfamiliar with each other
Fajitas. It involves too much, sharing. It'd be awkward hand movements for the wrap, oh no, was he going for one? Let me pull my hand back..ah, he just double dipped the salsa with the guc. Ah the filling is falling out my mouth. Do I use a knife and fork? HOW QUICK DO THESE PEOPLE EAT, SHALL I TAKE A FEW WRAPS AT THE START, SAFE GUARD THEM? I'm getting stressed just thinking about it.

Worst deal/offer you've seen in a supermarket?
Reply 1177
If we don't count the pricing anomalies we all see from time to time 39p each or 2 for £1, etc), I'm always shocked when Asda or Tesco have people swarming over deals on PREMIUM BRANDED CHEESE.

Like Cathedral City etc for £4. People loop the loop and fire tons in the trolley. I'm sitting there like, "For real? Seriously? That's like TWENTY QUID you're spending... on CHEESE!!" DEAL?!

WORST EXAMPLE OF A FOOD TO EAT WITHOUT ANY SALT OR PEPPER ADDED?
Reply 1178
Microchips. They really need some salt to add some scrumptiousbility, oven chips/chippers chips/fast food fries not so much.

Worst milkyway product?
magic stars, they taste like rubber

worst meat substitute?

Quick Reply

Latest