The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: You're the WORST Example!

Scroll to see replies

Crispy rolls. Everyone went mad for these at school but I thought they were bland and horrible. Do these even still exist? I hope not. To be fair, I'm not a huge fan of wafer anyway.

WORST SPIRIT + MIXER COMBINATION IN EXISTANCE
Reply 1181
Quorn minced meat equivalent. The texture is almost biscuit like which is very offputting, and then the final product doesn't do minced meat justice. However their chicken equivalent southern burgers are very impressive.

Worst meal in a can that you've eaten?
For me, gin and tonic water. Where's the fizz? Where's the flavour? I don't care if it's low calorie. I wouldn't drink this if you payed me.

Worst pouch bag of chocolate?
Reply 1183
Kit kat pop choc. Kit kats are about breaking off a finger with a cup of tea on hand, not this foray into contemporary cinema share bags.

Worst cup a soup flavour?
Chicken. I hate chicken soup anyway and the cuppa soup variety tastes like watered down crap, although cuppa soups in general are gross.

Worst sandwich filling at a buffet?
Reply 1185
The inevitable HAM. There is nothing wrong with ham. I like ham. But at a buffet, its the "if they don't like anything else at least there's ham sandwiches". And usually its that cheap ham rubber watery guff. White bread. Butter. Cheap ham. The cheapest of egg mayo, tuna and cucumber etc STILL beat it.

What's the worst example of NIBBLES TO PUT OUT DURING A FILM NIGHT?
SMALL BAGS OF CRISPS. The noise! SIGH. I can't hear what Scooby Doo is saying damn it! I mean.. The sound of the chainsaw in this adult horror... :biggrin:
However in terms of in general, it's gotta be like a thorntons chocolate box. High price and just gobbled up by people without savouring it at all.

WORST COMMON USE OF BUTTER?
Reply 1187
On potatoes. Once ruined my xmas dinner :frown:

Worst fast food chicken burger?
Reply 1188
Never used to be this way, but McChicken Sandwich. Back on the oval seeded buns, with the thicker, juicier chicken patty, it was well worth it. Nowadays, it is only marginally bigger than the Mayo Chicken (£1) but almost 3x price. For me, it's:

McChicken Sandwich<Chicken Mayo<KFC Tower<McChicken Legend<BK Tendercrisp<KFC Fillet<KFC Zinger.

Worst example of FAST FOOD DESSERTS, NOT ICE CREAM?
That's scarily weird. Your crocodile sequence is EXACTLY what I think now. I do love them all though. Just something about fast food chicken burgers.

And worst example of desserts that are fast food is for me, McDonalds brownie. Compared to homemade brownies they're just not good. Not the goo, the heat of them. Nothing. I'd never pick them other a hot apple pie or a doughnut.

worst example of Hot food from a supermarket deli counter?
Reply 1190
Haha, great minds think alike! Fast food chicken burgers should be about emphasising the CHICKEN, so thicker, non-reformed burgers (full breast) are ideal, like tendercrisp and zingers.

As for worst hot deli counter? Kneejerk QUICHE, but now I've thought a bit... Those mini pork/stilton Melton Mowbray pies. They taste like stilton SMELLS, and the higher pastry to meat ratio means its like... 40% jelly. Urgh.

Worst example of cream cakes to eat neatly?
That's got the be an elephants foot! (Not really an elephant's foot, that's just their nickname at Birds Bakery...actually I can't remember their proper name....) Basically, it's a large, round chocolate eclair. And it's terrible to eat neatly! You bite into it and boom! Cream comes spurting out the otherside. You catch the cream on the other end and boom! Cream all over your face. It's just...not something you can ever win.

Think you can beat it by cutting it in half? WRONG! The cream goes everywhere and you spend the rest of the time chasing it up with your fingers. Terrible, delicious goodness.

WORST EXAMPLE OF:

Chocolate to leave melting in the sun
Reply 1192
It has to be this son.

GALAXY CARAMEL. With aerated bars like Aero, sure, they're robbed of bubblag, but hardly RUINED, because reformed they become a perfectly edible, pleasant normal solid bar. But refrigerating a Galaxy Caramel after melting is utterly pointless. The majority of the joy in Galaxy, being so oily and soft, is the melt, and when it melts away to reveal that silky velvet golden core, it is an utter joy. Melted, you get none of it. No melty tongue feel, caramel MERGED INTO IT, and the "two finger" format obliterated. Sadness.

WORST EXAMPLE OF FAMOUS BRITISH CHOCOLATE BARS?
Fry's Turkish delight. The let down of the entire Cadburys generation. I don't like Turkish delight, yet, it isn't even proper stuff, but it's still not nice in it's own way.

Worst example of Frankie and Bennys dishes?
Reply 1194
I don't rate anything in f&b very highly; tenner for microwave meatballs?! (and they DO use microwaves, im not just ranty-digging as I often do!!)

I had a steak ciabatta thing from there and it's one of the worst thing I've ever eaten, ANYWHERE. Chewy thin micro-steak (think the consistency of quorn fajita strips), and the whole thing drenched so much in olive oil that the roll literally "squished" when pressed (sound wise), my ex had a Bolognese that inexplicably had defrostage water pouring from it. Both were dire, my dish was spew worthy.

WORST EXAMPLE OF WHITE CHOCOLATE?
Those white mice you get in pic n mix. They don't taste nice like Milkybar, they taste cheap and weird. & they look like wax.

WORST PRE-PACKAGED SANDWICH AND WHERE FROM?
Reply 1196
Tesco basic bacon and egg. Doesn't in anyway replicate a homemade bacon and egg sarnie.

Worst smell in a pub?
Reply 1197
All pubs have the same vague smell; stale, dried-in ale. But the worst isn't the ambient pub smell; heck, I like the smell of beer.

The worst example of a pub smell for me is that same odour... Emanating from the wee old man who seems to drink there all day every day in his bunnet and suit jacket long since ill-fitting, years of spilled ale, sweat and cigarette smoke come as standard, ingrained into the fibres. In contrast, the mixing smells of perfumes, McCoys and Guinness is guiltily appreciated by me.

WORST EXAMPLE OF A FOOD TO ADD SALT TO THAT REEEEAALLY DOESN'T NEED IT ?
Reply 1198
KFC chips. They really don't need any salt - makes you appreciate the potatoe filling more (something bk and mcd's chips have a defiency in). And anyway, it's not like your 3 pieces variety meal needs MORE friggin salt!!!!!!!!

WORST condiment to overuse (not including ketchup and salt)?
Vinegar. Horrible when your chips are DROWNING in vinegar and your face goes all scrunched up when you eat them.

WORST FOOD ITEM YOU NORMALLY HAVE AT XMAS?

Quick Reply