The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: You're the WORST Example!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1220
(MINIATURE) HEROES FROM CADBURY.

Simply for how far they've fallen. Celebrations' removal of the Galaxy truffle is galling, so imagine they did that with ALL THE GOOD ONES. Time Out, Crunchie Bite, Fuse, Nuts about Caramel, Dream, Picnic... Need I go on?

By contrast even Black Magic, Matchmakers and All Gold are like Niedregger collections in quality!!

WORST EXAMPLE OF... SOUP TO BE GIVEN WHEN ILL?
Reply 1221
Chicken soup. It tastes and smells disgusting, most unusual given how many other chicken products I like.

Worst chocolate bar consisting of shortcake?
Reply 1222
GALAXY ORANGE SHORTCAKE.
"lets take our classic sexy choc taste... TAINT IT WITH STOCK FAKE ORANGE ESSENCE.

it's not rapey enough though. How about you take out the galaxy "melt forever" factor by adding biscuit, too??

WORST EXAMPLE OF FASTFOOD TO EAT WHEN YOU FANCIED A LIGHT LUNCH?
Reply 1223
KFC 3 PEICES VARIETY MEAL. So that's 3 peices of chicken, 2 spicy wings and a chicken strip, plus chips and a fizzy drink. There's NO beans side thrown in to try to restore order. This is full whack heavy fast food, and lets face it, you never wanted a light lunch in the first place :wink:

Worst common thing addes to chips?
haha that KFC thing is SO true! yet i never get out of that habit :colondollar:

this is gonna be controversial, i'm warning you, but. . . vinegar. I don't understand the attraction of vinegar on chips? It's way too strong a flavour, meaning my mouth shrivels up from the acidity; the light, warming aroma of the chips is destroyed, hell, even corroded by this substance you call vinegar. Plus, it cools the chips down meaning they become lukewarm (big no-no), chips become soggy, and finally it stains the chips, harming you psychologically too. In short, taste, sight, texture, smell, all ruined.
Sorry about that, rant over I swear :biggrin:

OK, Worst Walkers crisps flavour??
(sorry if this has been done before, seems quite obvious a question!)
Reply 1225
Tomato ketchup. For such a widely used condiment it's hardly gonna generate much excitement as a crisp flavour. Even still it doesn't taste appetising, in fact it doesn;t taste of the usual walkers mediocreness, but LESS than this.

Worst crisps in terms of YOUR propensity to munch PACK after PACK.
Reply 1226
For me, it's easily French Fries; regardless of how long they deceptively take to munch a pack of, they inexplicably have NEGATIVE SATIETY FACTOR. They don't fill, but rather seem to ADD ROOM to your stomach. You look at the multipack, think, did I have two packets already? OH, IT WAS SIX. Ah. Well, im STARVING. TIME FOR SANDWICHES."

WORST EXAMPLE OF A PACKED LUNCH TO SEND YOUR KID TO HIS FIRST DAY AT SCHOOL WITH?
Egg mayo sandwiches, they get warm during the morning and then they stink by the time it gets to lunch. Cue your child sitting on his own whilst all the other kids tease him :frown:

WORST FOOD TO EAT WHEN HUNGOVER?
Reply 1228
For me, it's SHELLFISH.

It's weird because in any other scenario it's one of my favourite foods, full-stop; when hungover the body just craves fatty, sugary recharge-fuel, and some fresh mussels just turns my stomach into a trampoline of elephants.

WORST EXAMPLE OF "JUST A SNACK BEFORE DINNER AS I'M STARVING!"?
CAKE. Because whereas something like fruit or a chocolate bar can be justified, any sort of cake is far too heavy to be seen as a snack, much as I've tried. It always leaves you feeling full (or perhaps I'm greedy and just have too much...) and then dinner comes and due to your sugar-laced foodie fix, you're not half as hungry and you don't appreciate the dinner as much. Cheese and crackers also fall foul of the 'super snack' factor.

WORST EXAMPLE OF DESSERT TO PUT TOO MUCH CREAM ON
Reply 1230
Xmas pudding. The pudding itself is very rich and filling, so to then saturate with cream is madness.

WORST skips flavour?
Reply 1231
I seem to recall back in the day they did a rotten SWEETCORN RELISH flavour that tasted like... well, it just tasted like someone had put sugar in some relish.

WORST EXAMPLE OF MEALS YOUR GRAN GIVES YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE LOOKING A BIT THIN, THERE, SON!
Corned beef hash :frown: I hate corned beef. & it always looks so good on the plate and my lovely Nan gives me a generous portion, and I get a great big forkful and put it in my mouth and then OH, corned beef tastes like feet, now I remember. Soz Nan :frown:

Worst ice cream ever made?
Reply 1233
Never tried it, never will:

Oh yeah, and for those of you not fully clued-up on their far Eastern dialects...

That right there, quite literally, is RAW HORSEFLESH ICE CREAM. It's very expensive and a delicacy, and utterly nightmarish to even THINK of, let alone EAT.

WORST EXAMPLE OF FOODS COMMONLY GIVEN AS GIFTS?
My nan. Always. ALWAYS giving me jars of jam. I don't like jam. She knows this. Oh go on, try it..it's lovely with a bit of cheese. And look, I put it in one of my old jars. Nan I don't care what jar you dress it in, it's jam and I don't like it.

Worst example of sweets you suck on?
MINSTRELS. Man I wish I had the will power for these beauties. But alas, the crunch is inevitable. DAMN YOU CHOCOLATE CRAVING. Oh, but actual sweets it'd be Mint Humbugs. S'all stuck in ma teeth!!!

WORST EXAMPLE OF CHOCOLATE BOXES?
Roses, I just hate the smell of them? You know when you open the box/tin and you get a big waft of weird really sweet-smelling chocolate scent, puts me right off.

Worst example of 'combination' food? (eg. Chicken tikka lasagne, pizza with the hot dog crust...)
Reply 1237
Stuffed crust. Why does one want yet more cheese within the crusts....

Worst pringles flavour
Reply 1238
Fusion I adore you to the point I'll eat a minging rustlers burger for you, but your answers are excruciatingly half-assed dude!

But yeah, RANCH DRESSING PRINGLES.

They taste like mayonnaise. Crisps that have no flavour other than a kind of herby mayo. Whaaa? Do I look like I enjoy eating spoonful after spoonful of PURE CONDIMENTS??

WORST EXAMPLE OF FOOD TO EAT ALL ALONE?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1239
I love raw food. Does anyone know how to make sweets from raw food. What is your favrite?

Quick Reply

Latest