The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Engineering with bussiness and finance, offers

has anyone received an offer or have been rejected??
i sent my application in early october and havent had an answer... should i contact the department?
Reply 1
the admissions tutor can be slow... When i applied for this course backin 2008, I didn't hear back until late march!got an offer with no interview though!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Freyr
the admissions tutor can be slow... When i applied for this course backin 2008, I didn't hear back until late march!got an offer with no interview though!

did you firm? if you did so, are you happy with your choice?
Reply 3
Original post by spain
did you firm? if you did so, are you happy with your choice?

yea, i firmed, however decided to change to study genetics after a year, absolutely hated the maths, everything else I found pretty easy though

whether someone enjoys the course if up to them... EBF has LAODS and LOADS of lectures, on top of that in term 1 you have engineering drawing, which has an assignment every week, I quite liked this though as i've studied graphics before. I'd say most of the course if very enjoyable (apart from the maths which i HATE), the only bad things about the course, is as i've said- the maths, long lectures and finally, thelimited contact with people from other degree programmes, you're pretty much confined to 1 lecture room, sitting in the same place day after day 9-5
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
So have you guys gotten any offer yet? I applied to it as a back-up even tho my P.S had no mention of engineering and only had Finance stuff... After being rejected to Kings and LSE today, I am quite desperate... only UCL and Warwick left...
Reply 5
been rejected from mechanical but not engineering with bussiness and finance, im waiting for rejection, and that would be the fifth!
yeay! :angry:
Reply 6
Original post by spain
been rejected from mechanical but not engineering with bussiness and finance, im waiting for rejection, and that would be the fifth!
yeay! :angry:

thats a shame... I think they're a little more harsh with the EBF entrance (the 4 year course has a higher entry requirement than the 4 year of mecheng)

I'm sorry to say, but the admissions tutor for both is the same guy, i think you would have been better off choosing a different uni rather than EBF/mecheng....
Reply 7
Are interviews part of their admission procedure for engineering with business finance?
Reply 8
Hi I applied on the 15 Jan 13. Anybody received any offer for this course ??? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Aryanto
Hi I applied on the 15 Jan 13. Anybody received any offer for this course ??? :smile:

I sent off my application last year. Till now no news !! :frown:

Has anyone else heard anything from the department ??

Beginning to feel worry :eek:
Reply 10
Original post by avalencia
I sent off my application last year. Till now no news !! :frown:

Has anyone else heard anything from the department ??

Beginning to feel worry :eek:

This happened to me waaaaay back in 2008 when I applied. I didn't heat back until 20th or so march.
What oyu should do is call them up and ask about it, thats all you can really do
Reply 11
Original post by Freyr
This happened to me waaaaay back in 2008 when I applied. I didn't heat back until 20th or so march.
What oyu should do is call them up and ask about it, thats all you can really do

Did you call them / email them last time ?

May I know who should I contact. Can you give me a link to their contact details ? I am not sure who i should contact ? The Mech Eng Dept or Engineering Admissions or UCL admissions ?

Thanks for your help !! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest