The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge Hill Applicants 2012

Hey :smile:

I've firmed my conditional offer to study Law and Criminology at Edge Hill and wondered who else is planning on going there, for whatever course?

Also, what accommodation's are you looking at, I'm hoping to get Forest Ct en suite or founders/graduates but I'd rather have the cheaper ones :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm going to complete my 3rd year for Computing, don't particularly want to travel so I'm definately sorting out accommodation there.

I'm definately going with Self Catering.

Here are my possible options,

Forest Court - £76 per week - Self Catered (En Suite)

Forest Court - £69 per week - Self Catered (Shared)

EM Butterworth - £56 per week - Self Catered (Shared)

Unsure which one to choose, with one I get more privacy, and the others I have a bit more money to spend.
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
Did you live on campus for your first year?
And I considered forest Court shared but really want an en suite!
I heard some more accommodation will be available for September, I wonder if we will have the option to apply for that too?
Reply 3
I lived with my parents for those 2 years.

I have just decided to go with the Forest Court Ensuite as well.

Says that the application forms will be available on the 7th of March here, I would phone as well to get more information.

01695 584253 (internal ext: 4253).
Reply 4
Oh fair enough :smile:
And thanks, the application seems pretty straightforward,
Good luck getting your 1st choice :smile:
Reply 5
Currently looking at doing Law with criminology at Edgehill too, though the applicant visit on the 7th march will be the decider.
Reply 6
Original post by Sevizy
Currently looking at doing Law with criminology at Edgehill too, though the applicant visit on the 7th march will be the decider.

I was going to wait until after wednesday too, but I decided I really didn't want to go to my other choices any more and firmed it. :rolleyes:

I hope they show us everything on wednesday, so we really know what it would be like to study there, some uni's applicant days have been said to be pretty poor :frown:
Reply 7
I hope so too as its the first one i will have been to, hopefully will show us what the course is like as friends have told me they didnt really get to see much when they went to other open days.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Yeah same, and I'm keen to look at the accommodation too :biggrin:
Are you going on your own?
Reply 9
Nope going with my parents :biggrin: need someone to drive me there as i dont have a car of my own. Going to look at accommodation too but i think ill be going for the cheapest one as my brother is going to uni this year too so money will be tight.
Reply 10
I'm going with parents too :h:

and fair enough, I'm going for cheapest en suite, the thought of sharing a bathroom scares me a little, but i'm a bit of a freak with that sort of thing :colondollar:
Reply 11
Fingers crossed for same sex accomodation, thats what scares me :blushing:
Reply 12
You should get it, a lot of people prefer to be in mixed so not sure what demand is like for those halls..

Do you live far from the uni? You stand more of a chance of getting your first choice if you do :smile:
Reply 13
I live 69.5 miles away according to google so dunno how that affects it :smile:
Reply 14
I'm not really sure how much it will help but an email said if oversubscribed, campus accommodation applicants will be priorotised on factors like the distance of their house from the uni..

So I guess it can only be a good thing :smile:
Reply 15
I hope so only one type of accommodation I would be able to afford without searching through peoples bins for food when ny money ran out :smile:
Reply 16
ahh good luck with getting the one you want, I'm sure you will :smile:
hey :smile:

i'm about to firm my conditional at edge hill to study french with education :smile:

i'm hoping to live in founder's court, but i'm sure that the demand is really high for that! :frown:

good luck and i'll maybe see you around :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by ebblepebble
hey :smile:

i'm about to firm my conditional at edge hill to study french with education :smile:

i'm hoping to live in founder's court, but i'm sure that the demand is really high for that! :frown:

good luck and i'll maybe see you around :smile:

Hi :smile:

Good luck in getting founder's court, the rooms there look so nice!!
Reply 19
Just wondering what you thought of the open day if you went today?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending