Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Spray Tans

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyway a spray tan could look normal? I really want a tan or at least some colour because I'm too pale and it makes me look generally ill.

I can't go on the sunbeds cause I have tattoos and I don't want them to get affected in anyway
    I don't want to self tan because I don't trust myself so a spray tan seems the only option, obviously i'm not going TOO dark like some girls do, just enough to like make me look well not ill.

If i get one, is there any way they'll look decent and not awful like you see some of the girls nowadays.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    They can look good provided you pick a fairly light colour and a decent brand. Don't have to end up orange :nah:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesiBoy2013)
    White people want to look brown

Brown people want to look white

What is going on?

Just make sure you don't end up looking like you've been tangoed.
    Yeahh this was my aim, I'm not going dark just enough for me to not look ill anymore.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go to a good salon.

Pick a brand known for a fair colour with an even, natural coverage.

I personally am very fond of sunjunkie spray tans as they not only have the colour options, but the undertone options based on whether your skin is pink-ish or more of a yellow tone.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Of course spray tans can look natural, it's just idiots that go orange with them.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Goto a good salon ask them what you're after.
    I regularly do this, everyone notices it asks how have i got such a natural looking tan it must be from the sunbed, i tell them no its actually a spray tan, they get really surprised as they have the impression that spray tan looks more orange.

Get it done by professionals at a salon, it takes ages to come off i LOVE it!

Just make sure you are completely hairless from the neck down, including 'down there' before getting a spray tan done. Even the tiny fine hairs on your arms, if you want the tan to look its best you have to regularly groom your body.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maccabees)
    Is there anyway a spray tan could look normal? I really want a tan or at least some colour because I'm too pale and it makes me look generally ill.

I can't go on the sunbeds cause I have tattoos and I don't want them to get affected in anyway
    I don't want to self tan because I don't trust myself so a spray tan seems the only option, obviously i'm not going TOO dark like some girls do, just enough to like make me look well not ill.

If i get one, is there any way they'll look decent and not awful like you see some of the girls nowadays.
    It's alright to be pale, you know?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    It's alright to be pale, you know?
    Yeaah i know some people pull it off. I on the otherhand look like the walking dead.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessica20)
    Goto a good salon ask them what you're after.
    I regularly do this, everyone notices it asks how have i got such a natural looking tan it must be from the sunbed, i tell them no its actually a spray tan, they get really surprised as they have the impression that spray tan looks more orange.

Get it done by professionals at a salon, it takes ages to come off i LOVE it!

Just make sure you are completely hairless from the neck down, including 'down there' before getting a spray tan done. Even the tiny fine hairs on your arms, if you want the tan to look its best you have to regularly groom your body.
    No it doesn't :-/

And you're most certainly not expected to be completely hairless from the neck down :lolwut:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    No it doesn't :-/

And you're most certainly not expected to be completely hairless from the neck down :lolwut:
    Like i said, if you want the spraytan to look its best...
    Obviously you dont *need* to be hairless.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you book or go for your spray tan, make sure you insist on the colour you want.
    I made the mistake of NOT telling them how dark/light I wanted my tan, and hey presto.. I went in looking like a milk bottle and came out looking like a bottle of tango.

Personally, I prefer dove self tan. Yes you have to do it yourself but it has lovely results! x
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was listening to Radio 1 whilst cleaning last night and it was around midnight, and one of the topics was spray tans. Apparently this caller-in had gone out to a nightclub and spray tanned everywhere apart from one of her arms - that must have been so embarrassing for her!
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would advise to embrace being pale.

It can be a lovely, classy look.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 2, 2012
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.