Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men's clothes for 2012?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, updating wardrobe and was looking for a few pointers. I've always stuck with bootcut jeans, hoodies, tees and trainers. Not a massive fan of skinny jeans & chinos etc. though I'm toying with the idea, I like just normal trainers instead of all these plimsoles/boat shoes etc. So apart from bootcut jeans what else would go with trainers? Cheers for any feedback.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, throw out the bootcut jeans. Hideous hideous things. Buy some straight legged ones. Much better.

Please say you don't wear sports trainers out and about not good. Try some boots or desert boots or brogues. Or even (ew) high tops. Not trainers though.

Seeing as it seems like you're just looking for stuff to chuck on, go for polo shirts. They're reasonably casual and look decent.

Oh, and if you're gonna go for chinos, don't get the stupid drop-crotch carrot ones. Get some straight legged ones so you don't look like a complete chav.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh god. Ok thanks, looks like I've some work to do lol and I have K-swiss that I wear out yeah comfy and look better imo esp in summer than little gym shoes or whatever but up for a change. So would it be ok to go for these instead with chinos? http://www.riverisland.com/Online/me...ainers--254930

As for brogues, too dressy for every day? High tops I agree, ew.. not wanting to look like One Direction. Desert boots maybe, but with chinos, do they sit on top or what lol? What about these? http://www.riverisland.com/Online/me...-boots--260532
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I see you like shopping in RI. I work there and we've got so many new things coming in actually. Not advertising or anything, I'm just saying Hmm.. You might wanna try military/desert/road boots.. And yes, straight jeans are good if you don't want chinos, not skinny and not too lose either. Bootcut jeans are just soo :confused:

For tops, why not try denim shirts or plaid shirts? The navajo prints and graphic tees are really nice too Hope I helped.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Chantelle, yeah I really like alot of RI's stuff. Will try denim shirts but obv have to get chinos first with denim on denim not being a good look. However, I did buy a nice shirt from there yesterday, think it'll be going back though as the dark bit looks too much like my jeans so kinda looks too samey altogether, what do you reckon? http://www.riverisland.com/Online/me...-shirt--257799

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 29, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.