The Student Room Group

Funding HNC?

Is there any chance student finance offer funding for higher national certificates (england)?

But... i already have a degree (3 years)

If they dont fund that - is there anything they will fund for 1 more year?

Reply 1
As you already hold a degree and you're from England this will mean you'll fall under ELQ rules. This is higher fees and no support from SF at all I'm afraid.

There will be a few exception courses, such as those funded by the NHS. Even then, your previous study will be counted when assessing your eligibility for funding. This would be: length of new course + 1 year - previous study (3)
Reply 2
Original post by Shani
As you already hold a degree and you're from England this will mean you'll fall under ELQ rules. This is higher fees and no support from SF at all I'm afraid.

There will be a few exception courses, such as those funded by the NHS. Even then, your previous study will be counted when assessing your eligibility for funding. This would be: length of new course + 1 year - previous study (3)

ahhh bummer thought so :frown:

is there any other 1 year courses that are funded by this/NHS etc??

I want to do something involving science/but right now a full on degree is out

I even thought about enrolling on a 3 year degree but just doing the first year to get some experience/HNC then finishing it when i have the money...... but i know thats not do-able is it (general animal management Bsc)
Reply 3
You wouldn't get any funding for the first year, or second year of anything you did, as you already have 3 years previous study.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending