Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Shopping annoyances

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Really bugs me everytime I go to the supermarket/shopping in general.
    1. Things not priced, so you have to guess. Probably to get people to cough up.
    2. Only 2 tills being open during the busy periods.
    3. People-especially old people- holding up queues with chip and pin cards, cashback and farting about with vouchers.
    4. Self service tills where you have to wait for someone to sort it out because of 'unexpected items' or age restricted items.
    5. The fact they only seem to employ 15-18 year olds ( and people moan that youths are more likely t be unemployed).
    ^. Female staff who think youre hitting on them
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    People that seem to think shuffling forwards a few inches in the queue will get them out any quicker. If I'm in a mood to wind people up, I stand where I am until it's actually my turn to go to the till.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i hate being hassled by the staff. **** off and let me look around.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Other shoppers putting things back in the wrong place... I mean really, it's not that hard to go back to the rack where you found it.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I'm about half way in a large line and a shop worker opens a new till and the people at the back of the line get seen before me. :sad:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    People "meeting" friends in aisles and therefore blocking up the route for you to go through. It's a supermarket, not a coffee shop!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I walk into a shop - whether Harrods or just the local Tesco - and having the security guard blatantly following me but pretending to be casual...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.E)
    When I walk into a shop - whether Harrods or just the local Tesco - and having the security guard blatantly following me but pretending to be casual...
    are you black? :trollface:
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    Other people....
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NabilKhan)
    are you black? :trollface:
    Black and Arab
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    People who push huge prams right down the middle of an aisle in a shop, which means that you're forced to dive into piles of clothes/bread/cushions for safety. And the baby in the pram always gives you a smug look as they go wheeling past. :indiff:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    People who browse. People walk walk slowly.

Why do people browse? If you don't know what you went out to buy then why are you in a shop?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    1. People stopping in the middle of the aisles to have a chat/faff around, often standing two/three people across so you can't get past.
    2. 'Unexpected item in bagging area' when you can clearly see there is NOTHING in the bagging area.
    3. Staff standing chatting to each other instead of bothering to serve you.
    4. People who stand so close to you in the queue there's a danger they might impregnate you.
    5. People trying to have a chat to you as you do your shopping - why do grannies think I want to talk to them about their choice of apples? I don't care.

Yeah, I'm quite a grumpy shopper! I like to go in, talk to no-one except the cashier, whizz round, pick up what I want and leave!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    People walking really really slowly or standing in front of an item that you want and you're clearly waiting for them to move.. they know you're waiting for them to move but they stay there 5 minutes anyway.. or when you have to dodge people in the aisles because they can't walk straight.. dont get me started! lmao
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROYP)
    i hate being hassled by the staff. **** off and let me look around.
    In fairness many companies have the policy where staff have to approach as many customers as possible. I've seen it from both sides where I'm approached and I'm made to approach, it makes you realise that they aren't just doing it to be annoying.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Shop assistants who look down their nose at you!
    I was in Hollister a few days ago trying on some jeans, and I accidentally picked up an XS instead of a S, so I asked the assistant if she could go and get me a small. She looked me up and down and said "Don't you want a medium?"
    I'm a size 6!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    When the till staff feel its nessercary to give me my one penny change (mostly in small shops) its too small amount to ask after and if i had got the change i would have probably stuck it straight in the charity/tip (if its a cafe) box but it was my penny dammit!!
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.E)
    Black and Arab

Chances are against you bro.

(Original post by EmmaJane_)
    Shop assistants who look down their nose at you!
    I was in Hollister a few days ago trying on some jeans, and I accidentally picked up an XS instead of a S, so I asked the assistant if she could go and get me a small. She looked me up and down and said "Don't you want a medium?"
    I'm a size 6!
    It's what you get for shopping at Hollister.

• 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haz220807)
    1. People stopping in the middle of the aisles to have a chat/faff around, often standing two/three people across so you can't get past.
    2. 'Unexpected item in bagging area' when you can clearly see there is NOTHING in the bagging area.
    3. Staff standing chatting to each other instead of bothering to serve you.
    4. People who stand so close to you in the queue there's a danger they might impregnate you.
    5. People trying to have a chat to you as you do your shopping - why do grannies think I want to talk to them about their choice of apples? I don't care.

Yeah, I'm quite a grumpy shopper! I like to go in, talk to no-one except the cashier, whizz round, pick up what I want and leave!
    :laugh:

Most of the worst ones have already been said, but it annoys me so much when the cashiers forget to take the tag-thingies off clothes and then the alarm goes off when you try to leave the shop and everyone looks at you like you're a crminal :sad:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spying something awesome in the reduced section, then finding out it has no reduced sticker .

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 7, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.