Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Women.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmanuel321)
    In fairness many companies have the policy where staff have to approach as many customers as possible. I've seen it from both sides where I'm approached and I'm made to approach, it makes you realise that they aren't just doing it to be annoying.
    yeah true. they're just doing what they've been told but god man it's annoying. phone shops are the worst because they're all after some commission, so you get pounced on the second you walk through the door.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit my biggest pet peeve while shopping is when staff have a nice chat in the middle of serving you! Or even worse instead of serving you! :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Small talk the cashiers give
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    1) People standing really really close to you in the queue

2) The self service checkout always saying 'unexpected item in the baggage are' I always have to call the assistant about 10 times during my transactions

3)Narrow isles wide enough for only one person to pass who has stopped to browse therefore that whole isle is now out of use. So you just have to wait or come back to that isle later.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    people who block aisles
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm very much a speed shopper, I go in, get what I want, and leave promptly. It annoys me greatly when people hold me up by trundling around slowly, dithering about as though they're in a trance.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was just in Sainsbury's and noticed a pack of chewing gum in one location marked at £2.35, and in another for £2.05... ended up not getting any at all! (it was £1.49 a few months ago! Silly inflation!)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    People with their pushchairs powering through the town centre expecting you to jump out of the way for them.

You're not special!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    It's what you get for shopping at Hollister.

It's not my fault! I hate the people that work at Hollister because they treat me like crap but their jeans are a perfect fit!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Something that I really dislike is when you are being served at the till, and their mate from the other comes over for a chat, and they stand and chat for ages, ignoring you, and they end up being really slow with scanning things ect! I find it pretty rude, have a chat on your next break, not when you are supposed to be doing your job, I have better things to do than wait around for you to finish your chat!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    People with no shame who stroll around and let their kids wreak havoc in the store trashing the place without acknowledging it.

People who knock things over and look at the staff as though to say "yeah, pick it up".
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Parting with my money.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and another one: when you see a cashier behind the till and go to pay, only for them to say, "I'm not at the till". Yes, you are!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Having the security guard at Tesco accuse you and your friend of stealing sandwiches, and then asking for a receipt as proof of purchase, proceeding to then check that your bag doesn't have anything other than what is on the receipt. This is why although M&S is more expensive, the staff there are always much nicer and more helpful, so I prefer to go there.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hollister.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't like shopping in general but..

1. When you're looking at something, then someone else comes and stands and looks at you until you move so they can have a look. I mean really...I don't want to be pressured to move just because someone else wants to look at the same thing!

2. People who are just plain ignorant. If you're looking at something and they just barge past you without so much as an "excuse me", manners cost nothing.

3. People who congregate in the most inconvenient places for a chat e.g Middle of aisles, in front of tills and generally anywhere that makes any kind of shopping that wee bit more difficult.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Old biddys that meander around the aisle and are psychic to your intentions. I'll overtake on the left, move to the left. I'll go to the right, move to the right!!

And agree with most of the above, especially the self-service checkouts playing up and people not moving the hell out the way when they can see you wanting to pick something off the shelf!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate shopping in general.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Shopping in Dubai. Supermarket is ok but anything else, you can't so much as walk into a store without a sales assistant following you round the whole store when you just want to browse freely and look at the items and compare by yourself. I often get approached in Russian just because I'm oh so white and even when I reply in English that I'm just looking, I will be followed round the store so closely that I can even feel their breath on my skin, whilst they try to sell me every item in there. Even in Boots, when I have a basket in my hand and put an item into the basket, sales assistants will continue trying to sell that product to me... I hate shopping in Dubai :-(

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 7, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.